Front wheel bearing part#

9 replies to this topic
  • 4mud

Posted May 14, 2005 - 05:58 PM

Well it is time to replace front wheel bearings. I did a search looking for the best replacement bearings, there was a lot of discussion on brands but I didn't find any part#s for the non Yamaha bearing. If any knows the actual number of the bearing that they used it would be greatly appreciated. A sealed bearing seems like a good idea. Thanks for the help.

• BEAN329

Posted May 14, 2005 - 07:03 PM

Definitley get a sealed bearing, I'm on my third set in the front :D
Think no balls or someone else makes a kit for the front wheel, seals and all.
I found sealed bearings from a local place made by KYK out of japan the bearing number is 6904RS. To me it is stupid not to have sealed bearings front and rear. :) Aslo do not negleck to chane your seals and collars if they are grooved to deep and do not seal as well.

• 4mud

Posted May 15, 2005 - 04:47 AM

Thanks Bean329. Did have to buy the Yamaha seal or did you find a different brand? I am going to get a machinist friend to make me a collar out of stainless steel.

Anyone else have some part numbers? Maybe NTN or SKF. Thanks

• banffboy

Posted May 15, 2005 - 06:01 AM

Pivot works or all balls make sealed kits

• simon@vic

Posted May 15, 2005 - 08:29 AM

bearing #s are the same no matter who builds them. the #s indicate ID,OD, thickness, and "sealed-ness".

no need to order them form a motorcycle company unless they are cheaper. just grab them locally. look up bearings in your phone book. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Desracer

Posted May 15, 2005 - 10:05 PM

Call Rocky Mountain ATV in Utah ask about the All Balls bearing kits. I bought my kit their with both sealed bearings and wheel seals for way less than anyone local.

• Wrbiker

Posted August 18, 2005 - 11:31 AM

:D

• Cedric

Posted September 27, 2005 - 06:58 PM

Well I just went through this whole procedure, and it's a little more expensive than the usual situation. The yamaha parts are $17 each, and they have no seals. The local bearing shop wants $21 for an NTN dual sealed bearing, so I think I'll spend the extra to have the sealed bearings. Some of the other shops were quoting me $31 each for NTN parts.

After much internet searching, I found that a Blaster ATV has the same bearing on the inner front wheel, with seals. Might be a useful bit of information for somebody someday. I'm not sure of the $$ for that.

• SJMC_DON

Posted September 27, 2005 - 07:34 PM

I just came in from my shop after front wheel bearings and seals. Go figure...... anyway, I would suggest e-bay. I got the rear set, (double sealed bearings with seals) for $18.00 + shipping and got the front set (double sealed bearings with seals) for $16.00 + shipping. I have one race on the rear set and they still seem tight :banghead:

When your on e-bay just type in " Yamaha WR450 wheel bearings" and the guy will pop up. Shipping was fast enough overall good deal I think :applause:

Good Luck!

• e_dogg

Posted September 27, 2005 - 10:52 PM

Thanks for this guys.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.