yz 426 Gas on the oil!!!

17 replies to this topic
  • pontala

Posted May 14, 2005 - 05:45 PM

:)
I bought a yz 426 on ebay, it was wreck, the guy give me the old “I don’t know much about beside it runs good!” well the case cover beside the kick start is crack and was temporary fix w/ JB weld it’s has no muffler and take about 40 kick’s to get it started after it warm up it run good shifted good I got home from nc and decide to check the oil level and it’s was over flood and smell’s like gas! Any one know how bad I am screwed? :D

• apeman

Posted May 14, 2005 - 05:49 PM

Just to address the oil issue. The oil smells like gas and is probably to high because of all of the kicking. Change the oil, get the starting issue fixed and that should be the end of that.

• pontala

Posted May 14, 2005 - 06:14 PM

Men I hope you are right!!! but the oil is little too tin and when I rob it on my fingers it loose all the viscosity! But any way thanks for the reply I will replace oil tomorrow and order exhaust it should take care the stating problem right?

• grayracer513

Posted May 14, 2005 - 06:34 PM

Change the oil, change the spark plug. The oil contamination is most likely the result of leaving the gas on for an extended period.

• sirthumpalot

Posted May 14, 2005 - 07:11 PM

Change the oil, change the spark plug. The oil contamination is most likely the result of leaving the gas on for an extended period.

Agreed, he must have left the gas on, or the petcock is leaking (allowing fuel to flow even when it's turned off).

• offday

Posted May 14, 2005 - 07:19 PM

Agreed, he must have left the gas on, or the petcock is leaking (allowing fuel to flow even when it's turned off).

I concur. Its a simple case of leaving the gas on, or leaking petcock. I only hope you weren't too hard on it when you picked it up and test ran it because of the oil contamination. Gas make the viscosity go to hell. :) :D

NO MUFFLER :D :) Did you buy it from one of those "my pipe has to be loud or I ain't free" guys did you :worthy: :D :D

• pontala

Posted May 14, 2005 - 07:48 PM

I love this site you all make me fell complete relive! The gas shut off valve on the gas tank is liking even when it’s close is that the petcock? In did I run the bike for less the 10 minutes I believe no damage create by me so I am hopping!
Well any ways thanks very much for taking the time to reply yours help was appreciated!

• offday

Posted May 14, 2005 - 07:58 PM

I love this site you all make me fell complete relive! The gas shut off valve on the gas tank is liking even when it’s close is that the petcock?

Yes thats the petcock. Just get your self a new one and you'll be fine. change the oil and filter of course, :) :D And put a muffler on that thing :)

• pontala

Posted May 14, 2005 - 08:12 PM

Yep mean thanks I tough I was taking big time appreciate! I found a muffler for a 2003 Yamaha YZ 450f stock muffler you think it would work for this yz 426 four stroke?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • offday

Posted May 14, 2005 - 08:19 PM

Yep mean thanks I tough I was taking big time appreciate! I found a muffler for a 2003 Yamaha YZ 450f stock muffler you think it would work for this yz 426 four stroke?

Ya know. I cant tell you for sure. You didn't mention the year 426 you bought. I have a stock pipe for a 2001 at the house I could sell ya (better ck with the boy first, his bike) but as far as I know the 450 one should fit, you could allways start a thread in the 426/450 YZF forum asking about the "pipe" question and sure those guys will have an answer for you. :D :)

• pontala

Posted May 14, 2005 - 08:28 PM

what you would take for you stock pipe?

• pontala

Posted May 14, 2005 - 08:39 PM

I am looking at White Brothers Full Ti Exhaust but maybe I need start w/ something tipper just in case this bike turns to be lemon you never know right? So I will have to decide spend more get what I want or less and save???? Be or not to be…. my email is pontala@cox.net fell free to send me a line
thanks again
Ricky

• offday

Posted May 14, 2005 - 09:01 PM

what you would take for you stock pipe?

Did you get my pm?
Talked to the boy and he's cool with selling it :)

• Code

Posted May 15, 2005 - 05:17 PM

i seen that bike on ebay! that was the one with half the muffle missing?and the rear fender melted to hell?.... other than that the bike "looked" ok....Good Luck and I hope it all works for ya. The 426 is a Kick! :) Ride Safe and Enjoy!

• sirthumpalot

Posted May 15, 2005 - 06:55 PM

I can't say 100% for sure, but I would suspect the 426 and 450 exhausts are going to be different.

• Scooter426

Posted May 15, 2005 - 09:21 PM

I have a 426 petcock if you are interested. I will sell for 1/2 of retail. I have a complete spare tank (the tank is cracked).
-scoot

• Slowmotion426

Posted May 15, 2005 - 11:01 PM

:)
I bought a yz 426 on ebay, it was wreck, the guy give me the old “I don’t know much about beside it runs good!” well the case cover beside the kick start is crack and was temporary fix w/ JB weld it’s has no muffler and take about 40 kick’s to get it started after it warm up it run good shifted good I got home from nc and decide to check the oil level and it’s was over flood and smell’s like gas! Any one know how bad I am screwed? :D

Do you mean you bought this from a guy in NC?...Gimme his address...i'll put roofing nails in his driveway....

• Ga426owner

Posted May 16, 2005 - 05:50 AM

Ebay purchase........... :)

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.