oil changes

2 replies to this topic
  • jim-in-so-ore

Posted May 14, 2005 - 04:50 PM

I know, I know. I have been doing this for years but I still not comfortable with the 1.27 quarts of oil on a complete oil change.. What is .27 of a quart? I know it is just over 1/4 of a quart but is there some magic jug or somthing that will tell me when I have the EXACT amount of oil? :)
Jim

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Gadsen

Posted May 14, 2005 - 07:31 PM

Ratio-Rite? It might have it. Not sure

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted May 14, 2005 - 07:42 PM

Most of the oil bottles have oz. markings on them. I use those to get close, then use the dipstick. I like to fill mine untill it is about 3/4 the way up the 'acceptable' range markings. Takes a couple tries, but then I know for sure.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.