XR650R Dual Sported Gas Mileage?

4 replies to this topic
  • BMXRDAD

Posted May 14, 2005 - 01:58 PM

OK I am fully aware of how many miles per tank off road, and how much it can vary. ( Hills, Flat, Desert twist of the right hand.) My question is when you dual sported XR650R dudes when riding on the street what kind of gas mileage are ya getting? :)

BMXRDAD

• captb

Posted May 14, 2005 - 03:16 PM

I can only tell you what I get on my 60 mile loop, 25 miles on hiway and 35 desert, cruising 70 mph on road and 60 mph off road, I do this 3 times a week and add a gallon and a half each trip. The previous owner got 40 mpg allso, every trip is documented in a log book. But I am +1 on the countershaft sprockett and a larger rear tire. I am gearing it taller next tire change, I would like to cruise 80 mph. It will never top my NX650, geared taller, freeway 54 mpg but not easy to handle off road.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Max Power

Posted May 14, 2005 - 04:52 PM

10 miles/liter or about 40 miles/American Gallon.

• Docmarkw

Posted May 14, 2005 - 07:13 PM

average 35mpg. Thats open desert riding.

• Miker

Posted May 14, 2005 - 07:35 PM

road only 40 mpg

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.