Acerbis Fuel Line

6 replies to this topic
  • clark4131

Posted May 14, 2005 - 06:25 AM

I'm looking to replace my fuel lines with Tygon, but I have an Acerbis 3.4 tank. When I installed it, I used the line that came with the tank. It looks as though it is 3/16" line, but I'm trying to verify that. No one at Acerbis could tell me yesterday, but not all their people were available for consultation. I want to go to 1/4", but I'm afraid I'll get leakage, and nobody wants that :) . Anybody with an Acerbis tank got some knowledge on this? Thanks much...SC

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted May 14, 2005 - 04:42 PM

I just replaced the fuel line on my 03 Wr 450 with the acerbis tank and used 1/4 inch fuel line. there are NO leaks. That skinny hose that comes with the tank when new is awfully small anyway, plus after a while it gets hard and brittle.
Jim

• WGP

Posted May 16, 2005 - 10:56 AM

Whats the benefit of Tygon?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jackazz

Posted May 16, 2005 - 11:39 AM

Whats the benefit of Tygon?

You can see through it & it ages well. :)

• bvd

Posted August 08, 2005 - 07:03 PM

I could use some help installing the fuel lines for this tank on my 05 WR450... Can't seem to get the gas to go! The instructiosn suck... Photos would be appreciated...

• CheYuen

Posted August 08, 2005 - 09:46 PM

Where do you purchase tygon tubing?

• Indy_WR450

Posted August 09, 2005 - 03:20 PM

I use 1/4" rubber fuel line and added small hose clamps at every connection and a real brass T. The Acerbis hose is too short and plastic Y cracks and leaks with time. :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.