Is there a way to clean the dirty oil out...

6 replies to this topic
  • DoctorRzed

Posted May 14, 2005 - 04:52 AM

I ran through 4 quarts of oil and every time the oil comes out black. I ran the bike a bit then drained it ...
Anything I can mix in the oil to clean it out??? I heard of some one using diesal fuel???

• grayracer513

Posted May 14, 2005 - 01:51 PM

Mine comes out looking pretty good. There's about 100cc of oil that doesn't drain. I entertain myself with the idea that the engineers intended that so that there would be something to mess up your workbench when you tear it down, but that's just me being cynical. :)

What kind of oil are you using, and how long do you run it before changing?

• WheelsUp

Posted May 14, 2005 - 02:01 PM

You are draining both the engine AND the frame reservoir, right?
The filter housing holds a bit... the bottom filter bolt actually drains into the case, so don't close the case drain until after you've opened the filter housing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sirthumpalot

Posted May 14, 2005 - 03:05 PM

Black? How often are you changing it? If it's getting black then you likely need to change it more often. The oil usually gets dirty with clutch debris and other things before it gets black. That said, it sounds like you're not draining it all. Are you draining bot the frame and the engine?

• DoctorRzed

Posted May 14, 2005 - 04:10 PM

I cahnge after every 2 motos

• sirthumpalot

Posted May 14, 2005 - 07:10 PM

Well that sounds plenty often to me. If you're draining the amount that the manual says should be drained for a periodic change then I wouldn't worry.

• yz007f

Posted May 15, 2005 - 09:07 AM

It sounds like to me you may have some clutch problems. I find when you start wearing your clutch hard which it starts to "burn" the clutch the oil gets dark real fast and its hard to get it clean. You can put a few ML's of solvent into your oil. Not alot tho and start it up just dont rev it much, just let it idle. This will clean it out, do it like two or three times and it will be clean. I use it on boat motors all the time when they sink. Its the only way to get the oil clean again. But I would take a good look at your clutch.

just my 2 cents
yz007f

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.