Fluidyne Rad ? re:size

8 replies to this topic
  • miguelitro

Posted May 13, 2005 - 01:45 PM

i know that the fluidynes mount up no mods but will my devol rad guard braces still fit em?
the outside columns on both sides are smashed in pretty good from pre guard days :) and i want to replace em eventually.

Are the fluidynes even worth the $$$ 350$ :) :D
Thanks
Mike

• cnorton

Posted May 13, 2005 - 03:05 PM

i know that the fluidynes mount up no mods but will my devol rad guard braces still fit em?
the outside columns on both sides are smashed in pretty good from pre guard days :) and i want to replace em eventually.

Are the fluidynes even worth the $$$ 350$ :D :)
Thanks
Mike

Is that price for both rads? If it is that's not bad, I priced out the left side radiator for my RMZ 450 from my local suzuki dealer, $360 for 1 side for a little aluminum radiator, I can by 2 car rads for that!! Ah yes theres nothing like gouging the public!!!!

• BWB63

Posted May 13, 2005 - 04:32 PM

I like them!

http://www.borynack....le/fuidynes.htm

http://xr650r.borynack.com/

• miguelitro

Posted May 16, 2005 - 08:22 AM

Bruce- thankks for the info and pics, but it worries me that you are making your own gaurds for em as i just spent the $$$ for devols and it would stink to have em not fit...wonder if a little garage fab will make em work cus i think they are great guards.
If they wont work then i may have ta steal you specs when they are finished cuz i'll probly have thrashed the guards by then anyways...
Mike
and wha tis two pound to a pig...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BWB63

Posted May 16, 2005 - 12:15 PM

I came up with a much better guard for them. The front bottom post goes from side to side. I think the Devols will fit in the front but, I don't know if it will reach to the back bolt :)

• miguelitro

Posted May 16, 2005 - 12:58 PM

yeah thats kind a my worry cuz i NEED the guards!!
I t sure sucks having to fabricate.
My devols go across the front and sit on the frame keeping the rad from getting squeezed there, sorry i cant quite picture what you area decribing...
Mike

• miguelitro

Posted May 16, 2005 - 01:01 PM

okay saw the pics and understand..
what are those braces on the back that you have?
they look to provide some support yeah?

• BWB63

Posted May 16, 2005 - 01:11 PM

They are what is left of the works conection brace's that are major junk :) I hate them. :worthy:

I'll have to update the pictures of the brace' I have dreamed up now. :) They have with-stood two major 70mph get offs :worthy:
One of the crashes hit dead on the radiator, screwing up the radiator scoop but, didn't even effect the radiator :D From the side under the scoop is a triangle made of angled aluminuim mounted off aluminuim posts mounted to the top and back frame mounts and an aluminuim post that goes from the bottom fron to the bottom front radiator scoop mounts.

Devols are cool and I think you can make them work, I wanted something even stronger, for the side hits when when I drop the bike. As long as I am moving all is good but, if I stop it is major ;) I just fall over :crazy: :D :D :worthy: :D :D

• miguelitro

Posted May 16, 2005 - 01:31 PM

I was and am really impressed with the devols, i, er, drop my bike sometimes too but ussually while i am moving or have come to a real quik stop....
i might try to add something like that to my devols, if i ever get a camera i'll post what i do
Mike

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.