Rear Fender without light hole

6 replies to this topic
  • gura

Posted May 13, 2005 - 06:47 AM

I am removing the lights from my 2001WR426F. Where can I get a front number plate and a rear fender without the light hole? I have been told the YZ rear fender will not fit. I assume the YZ number plate will fit?

Outcome-
I got the acerbis fender and it fit great!
I also got an aftermarket front plate which fit well.
Thanks

• aircop

Posted May 13, 2005 - 06:57 AM

I have the same bike and made it street legal. I had to buy a YZ back fender to attach the new taillight assembly underneath it. The YZ fender works fine on the WR. :)

• PBDBLUE

Posted May 13, 2005 - 07:11 AM

I have run YZ rear fenders on both my '01 wr426 and '04 wr450. No problems with fit. I also run the YZ number plate but you will need to fab a bracket to attach the top bolt to. Not difficult.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • StreetbikePimp

Posted May 13, 2005 - 07:35 AM

The YZ fender will fit just fine. You might have to make a hole or two for a coolant line or miscellenous hardware, but nothing a drill or a razor can't take care of.

• Texas4play

Posted May 13, 2005 - 07:38 AM

Aftermarket rear YZ fenders have cutouts. The oem you'll have to dremmel.

• Math

Posted May 13, 2005 - 08:44 AM

Yep, I have the rear fender from Acerbis and it fits like a glove. :)

• WR250guy846

Posted May 13, 2005 - 08:49 AM

i just put on a yzf rear fender and it gose on fine it sust sits a little croocked due to it hitting the coolent resivor. and the number plate will go on fine you just have to come up with a top mounting bracket, i used a zip-tye works fine

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.