2005 YZ450F question please help

7 replies to this topic
  • Matt687

Posted May 12, 2005 - 08:22 PM

Is it possible to unbolt the stock handlebar mounts from the triple clamp to attatch a protaper clamp and bar set?

• mikedabike

Posted May 12, 2005 - 08:31 PM

Nope the upper triple clamp and lower bar mounts are one cast piece. You have to replace the upper triple clamp to run oversize bars or those funky adapter mounts.

• Matt687

Posted May 12, 2005 - 08:33 PM

thats what I was afraid of, and there is no way I am running those shitty adapters because it creates a serious stress point. okay thanks for the help.

• Chad76

Posted May 12, 2005 - 09:14 PM

thats what I was afraid of, and there is no way I am running those shitty adapters because it creates a serious stress point. okay thanks for the help.

Why does it create a serious stress point? Please explain? I have just done it this way myself to fit some Renthal fatbars. My Mates have done it the same way and have not had any problems the past 4 years.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted May 13, 2005 - 09:25 AM

Buy RG3 clamps and be very happy........... :)

• Chad76

Posted May 16, 2005 - 06:33 PM

What makes the RG3 clamps so special? Everyone seems to rave about them.

• copsey

Posted May 16, 2005 - 07:40 PM

RG3 has the 4post mounting system. I run with the adapters and have had no issues. I run a tall bar anyway so it's just more room.

• Gizabious

Posted May 17, 2005 - 02:22 AM

iv'e run Tag adapters for the last 4 years never had a problem, also raised bar height which was a + :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.