value of new aoss forks??

5 replies to this topic
  • ncmountainman

Posted May 12, 2005 - 07:13 PM

after asking here and applied racing;getting the same response, that i can change out the whole front clip to my 03 forks(steering stem is the same) i think thats what i'm gonna do. now your all saying why in the heck would i want to do that? after some intense research and alot of conversating with my suspension tuner@ get real racing. we both agree that my 03 kayaba works forks are gonna be far better than what anyone can do with the 05's (for offroad anyhow) they don't even make a spring over .48 for one thing(according to factory connection) i have .52's in the 46mm and need every bit of that. so what's a set of brand new(less than 5 mi) 05 yz450f aoss forks worth? i'm guessing they might be of interest to the 04 yz's and even 05 wr's for that matter as they will slip right into the same triple clamps as the older 48's. if they aren't worth much alone i'll put them on the 04 wr i'm selling. :)

• mikedabike

Posted May 12, 2005 - 08:28 PM

I believe race tech shows up to a .54 on thier site.

• YamahaRacer

Posted May 13, 2005 - 09:07 AM

Sorry to be dumb here....but what's AOSS?

Thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Garry_on_a_426

Posted May 13, 2005 - 09:18 AM

I will give you 25$ for them <evil grin>

• Ga426owner

Posted May 13, 2005 - 09:20 AM

Sorry to be dumb here....but what's AOSS?

Thanks!

I believe "Air Oil Separate System" separate or twin cartridge forks similar to Showas

NC what do you mean 03 Works KYB ? Are these special coated, special valving directly from KYB - or exactly Tim Ferry Special forks or what?
Enzo did mine (they are the KYB masters)- I am extremely happy with their KYB specific valving and sub tanks - springs, special coatings, bumper stops etc.... Best suspension I have ever riddin with. :)

Enzo recommends subtanks on 05 AOSS forks also - interestingly ........ I would have thought differently :)

You as a woods rider - have either choice neither being a bad decision - I would keep the AOSS forks as that is a key progression in the YZF development - I have heard AOSS in the 05 is very very similar to Yamaha Factory KYB forks from 2003/2004 that #22, #15 and #12 have been using.. :D

• ncmountainman

Posted May 13, 2005 - 12:31 PM

I believe "Air Oil Separate System" separate or twin cartridge forks similar to Showas

NC what do you mean 03 Works KYB ? Are these special coated, special valving directly from KYB - or exactly Tim Ferry Special forks or what?
Enzo did mine (they are the KYB masters)- I am extremely happy with their KYB specific valving and sub tanks - springs, special coatings, bumper stops etc.... Best suspension I have ever riddin with. :D

Enzo recommends subtanks on 05 AOSS forks also - interestingly ........ I would have thought differently :D

You as a woods rider - have either choice neither being a bad decision - I would keep the AOSS forks as that is a key progression in the YZF development - I have heard AOSS in the 05 is very very similar to Yamaha Factory KYB forks from 2003/2004 that #22, #15 and #12 have been using.. :)

they are what the factory support riders used in 03,they were a spare set from his shop that was never used,i have the matching shock also. after riding the new stuff i have no doubt that it cannot be made to handle the way my old stuff does. i've got the tootech subtanks also and don't see how they would be AS advantageous on the aoss? my tuner who has worked with the new stuff and is having trouble keeping people happy. he is familiar with my old stuff and reccomended keaping the old works stuff,it does fit(the steering stem is the same 03-05 wr/yz fyi) as i put it on a few minutes ago no hitch. :) guess i'll have to drop the price on the wr now!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.