hop-ups for TTR125-L

28 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted November 21, 2000 - 10:26 PM

No kidding... I think some guys go a little overboard on modding these small thumpers...there was an ad in Cycle News for an XR100 for $5000 here last year...and you know he probably had over $7000 into it....And it didn't mention having a different chassis either.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted November 21, 2000 - 12:14 PM

Erik they don't have a web page, i'am at work and don't have there phone no# look in cycle news or one of the mags.
monty

• So_Cal_Erik

Posted November 21, 2000 - 06:15 PM

Thanks guys for all your help!, Erik

------------------
So Cal Erik
Visit my club's site at <A HREF="http://www.ruts.org
" TARGET=_blank>www.ruts.org
</A>

• crash

Posted December 04, 2000 - 12:15 PM

Originally posted by So Cal Erik:
Thanks guys for all your help!, Erik

FMF has an exhaust system now available for the TTR 125L. Part # 040071.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • So_Cal_Erik

Posted December 04, 2000 - 03:38 PM

Does the FMF exhaust make any real HP gains?
If so, where in the powerband? Low, mid, or high? Does it have a spark arrestor? Erik

------------------
So Cal Erik
</A>

• So_Cal_Erik

Posted December 04, 2000 - 03:38 PM

Does the FMF exhaust make any real HP gains?
If so, where in the powerband? Low, mid, or high? Does it have a spark arrestor? Erik

------------------
So Cal Erik
</A>

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted December 04, 2000 - 04:12 PM

Erik,
My wife is 5'11" and rides a '92 XR250R. Seat height is pretty good but the bike is a little heavy for her to pick up after a fall. We're thinking about a '96 or newer XR250R OR a KLX300 for her. The XR needs no defense. Two of my friends ride KLXs and love them - both did the Stroker hot start, compression release, crank case breather mods and they made a huge difference in the starting difficulty. Actually, pretty easy to start now.

Isn't the 125L a step backwards after having the XR200?

Brian

• Chris_in_the_Mojave

Posted December 04, 2000 - 08:56 PM

Erik, Did you decide to keep the bike? You are the same Erik that has a TTR-125L for sale on the Dirtrider site, right?

------------------
Chris in the Mojave
'98 YZ400F

• So_Cal_Erik

Posted December 04, 2000 - 09:55 PM

I need to pull the old ad off of the DRN for sale page. I decided to keep the ttr125L and already put the BBR triple clamp on, the frame-cradle/skid-plate, and stiffer front fork springs. The swingarm and stiffer rear shock are next. I really made a step forward
by getting a lighter, easier bike to ride for my wife. My wife never really could get comfortable on the xr-200, especially when trying to ride while standing up. Neither bike is a powerhouse, and speed is not what my wife needs. She just needs a light-weight fun to ride playbike. With the BBR mods the bike should fit her height just fine.(I hope.) Erik

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.