Need suggestions for exhaust systems.

9 replies to this topic
  • Idahoan

Posted May 11, 2005 - 09:07 PM

Next week I will be buying WR 450 and retiring my YZ 400. What do you guys suggest for exhaust systems? I'm currently running a FMF PowerCore 4 on my 400 and it is too loud. With the fight for land I want something quiter. I've been looking at the Q2 with the mega bomb.

• banffboy

Posted May 11, 2005 - 09:28 PM

Nooooooooooooo! You're not retiring the 4 hundy. Getting too lazy to kick it over :) :D :). Come on up here riding T

• Indy_WR450

Posted May 12, 2005 - 02:52 AM

I have the power core 4 with the optional quiet core insert! Perfect blend of power and low noise! :) It even smooths out the power delivery with the insert! :D

• Texas4play

Posted May 12, 2005 - 05:03 AM

Leave it stock, use the PMB insert and spend your $$$ on something more productive first, like rad guards, frame guards, hand guards and suspension / steering.

• Adrock

Posted May 12, 2005 - 06:16 AM

I have a LeoVince pipe on my 05 WR450 and it ROCKS! The best pipe I have ever put on a bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sharpmarble

Posted May 12, 2005 - 01:04 PM

I have the Big Gun Quiet series. It is very quiet and well made. I like it. :)

• drewpeacock

Posted May 12, 2005 - 01:51 PM

I was able to take my "Q" off my yz426 and put it on my 04WR. You might be able to do the same off your 400.

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted May 12, 2005 - 05:48 PM

I have the power core 4 with the optional quiet core insert! Perfect blend of power and low noise! :) It even smooths out the power delivery with the insert! :D

What Indy said! :) I have the exact same setup and I can say it was the single best mod I ever made and the sound is perfect, enough noise so they pull over for you, nice throaty sound, but still quiet enough not to get tossed out of the trails. Without the quiet core insert, its way too noisy!

• The_Blue_One

Posted May 12, 2005 - 08:57 PM

I have a Q2 on my 05 wr and it was a big improvment over the stock pipe without the baffles. It really woke it up down low and revs much quicker :)

• Idahoan

Posted May 12, 2005 - 09:49 PM

Thanks for the input! So many choices, so little $$$$$$. Anybody running or know anything about Thunder Alley? Local Yamaha mechanic says this is the way to go and it is only $350 for the complete system. Their website didn't give much information about dcb levels.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.