DIY Dualsport kit

3 replies to this topic
  • vtownrida

Posted May 11, 2005 - 05:05 PM

Any write ups on DIY Dual sport kits.......I would like to mount everything to the stock fender. I'm not very good at wiring, but can you buy all the wiring from baja designs and hook up your own lights instead of buying the kit. Just wondering if anyone has seen a write up on any of the forums or pictures of anything you have done on your own.....I tried a couple searches and came up with nothing

thanks

• Winkel

Posted May 11, 2005 - 07:24 PM

vtownrida,

http://img.photobuck...el/IMAG0098.jpg

This is a picture of the setup I made for my bike. It works great, and I only have about $30 in it. It is a light gage stainless steel plate with two LED's mounted to it. You can get them at Autozone for about ten bucks each. I actually have it wired reverse polarity. I ran the power wire to the plate, and the grounds for each light back, one to a constant ground (existing taillight), and the other through the brake light circuit. It is held on with two bolts and wing nuts, and is wired with a four pin trailer harness. I can unplug it and take the two bolts out in about 3 minutes. I just tape up the open harness plug when off-roading to keep the mud out. It's my second generation set-up, and it got me through the cop inspection with no problem. I guess the wiring harness put it up another ten bucks or so.
Let me know what you think.

Winkel :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bork

Posted May 11, 2005 - 09:46 PM

vtownrida , what bike model and size ?

• vtownrida

Posted May 12, 2005 - 06:58 AM

i just bought an 02 xr650r

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 4 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  159 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  29 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.