Need pic of Clarke 4.0 on an XR650L

6 replies to this topic
  • lrutt

Posted May 11, 2005 - 02:10 PM

I've seen all sorts of pics of the 4.7, but I'm thinking of putting the 4.0 on and would like to see a pic first for comparison purposes.

Any help would be appreciated.

• jlpskydive

Posted May 11, 2005 - 03:01 PM

Mine should be here tomorrow. send you pics after install. PM with your email.

• Dual_Dog

Posted May 11, 2005 - 07:11 PM

I've got the Clarke 4.0 and it's sweet! :)

Posted Image

Happy moddin' :D

Here's my post from 2 weeks ago in this forum. Amazing what the search feature will turn up...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • goblin127

Posted May 11, 2005 - 07:14 PM

no picks yet but it fit right on there like it was supose to. needed longer bolt though.thetank wing sit down lower so the extra weight of fuel seems ok.

• lrutt

Posted May 12, 2005 - 05:27 AM

Thanks for the pic. Looks like I'll go with the 4.0. It's just a little less bulky looking.

• XR Dude

Posted May 12, 2005 - 06:03 AM

I second the notion, the 4.0 is for me. Will be getting one in a month or so. Thanks for the thread, saved me some work.

• Dual_Dog

Posted May 12, 2005 - 08:33 AM

Thanks for the pic. Looks like I'll go with the 4.0. It's just a little less bulky looking.

Not a problem. That's the same reason I opted for the 4.0, plus it's just enough capacity to give me that extra range for my off-road and dual sport riding.

It works well, except you need to brace the tank somehow. Check out "my garage." I've got a photo of one way to take care of this. Simple, easy and effective. (EDIT: I uploaded the 4.0 brace photo on 05/14/05)

Good luck. :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.