off to the yz450f forum

12 replies to this topic
  • ncmountainman

Posted May 11, 2005 - 01:22 PM

its a done deal,i've got my 05 yz and making woods ready as we speak. i'll come back and visit though :) anyone want to buy my 04 wr?? 1600 well maintained miles.the ol'lady says must go now;low low prices. thing has 03 kayaba works suspenders f/r with only about 400 mi on them since brand new. its also one of the lightest ones you'll see at 244 wet w/out gas(probly lighter now that i've put the ti footpegs,and ti exhaust on) help a brutha out :D

• RichBaker

Posted May 11, 2005 - 03:17 PM

But all the good stuffs been taken off and sold.....

• ncmountainman

Posted May 11, 2005 - 07:37 PM

no man,you need to buy it before that happens. i'm actually putting more good stuff on. ti footpegs off the yz, the whole 05 yz exhaust,all the new yz plastic and tank,seat,chain,sprockets,rotors,pads,and all the works susp stays,brand new w.e.r. damper,too tech subtanks,yz airbox,steahly flywheel,pro-tec kicker,boyesen ap cover. i ain't partin' it out,it all works too well together. hey indy tell these boys the only thing i'm actually parting out is the rekluse and thats goin on the new bike. this wr's gonna be like brand new but better :) who ever buys this thing is getting one heck of a machine,it's not your grandma's WR. i upgraded to save more weight,for more HP,and i always loved that new bike smell :D

• Texas4play

Posted May 12, 2005 - 09:04 AM

NC, are you swapping out the YZ tranny with the 5-speed? Just curious ...

• beakr

Posted May 12, 2005 - 09:50 AM

NC--I've enjoyed reading your posts the last few months (I just bought an '04 myself). After putting so much work into your WR, why are you switching to the YZ? I have a buddy who is waffling back and forth between the YZ and WR. What advantages do you see by switching?

• ncmountainman

Posted May 12, 2005 - 12:24 PM

no keeping it 4spd,i hardly ever use 5th on the wr so i won't miss it. with the 13/52 it still goes pretty dang fast in 4th,i haven't wound it all the way up yet but i'd say its good for the high 60's :) as far as switching goes its alot lighter than my lightened wr (232 w/without gas compared to 244) it freakin' flys :) i'm guessin' about 10 more hp after exhaust :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • elton

Posted May 13, 2005 - 09:52 AM

....232 w/without gas compared to 244) it freakin' flys :) i'm guessin' about 10 more hp after exhaust :D

I always wondered if the YZ450F would have been better for the type of riding I do, however I went for a 2-stk and my KTM 300exc is 30lbs+ lighter with 10+ more hp -- but it's still a woods bike with Enduo tranny, suspension, light, stand, etc.

How is the YZ450F (suspension, close ratio tranny, etc.) in the woods vs. the WR?

Elton

• SOW1

Posted May 13, 2005 - 09:59 AM

works suspenders? I did'nt know Yamaha sold works parts to the general public, or did you just revalve the stockers?

• kirkw

Posted May 13, 2005 - 10:14 AM

Good luck NCMM, I too have enjoyed reading your posts. Enjoy and roost often!

• Gadsen

Posted May 13, 2005 - 11:44 AM

its a done deal,i've got my 05 yz and making woods ready as we speak. i'll come back and visit though :D

Yeah, dont forget about you old buds in the WR forum! :) :) Have fun on the new YZ NCmm! :D Let us know if it makes a better trail bike. I cant imagine it will, but would be curious as to your input.

• Gadsen

Posted May 13, 2005 - 11:45 AM

its a done deal,i've got my 05 yz and making woods ready as we speak. i'll come back and visit though :D ...

Yeah, dont forget about you old buds in the WR forum! :) :) Have fun on the new YZ NCmm! :D Let us know if it makes a better trail bike. I cant imagine it will, but would be curious as to your input.

• ncmountainman

Posted May 13, 2005 - 12:14 PM

I always wondered if the YZ450F would have been better for the type of riding I do, however I went for a 2-stk and my KTM 300exc is 30lbs+ lighter with 10+ more hp -- but it's still a woods bike with Enduo tranny, suspension, light, stand, etc.

How is the YZ450F (suspension, close ratio tranny, etc.) in the woods vs. the WR?

Elton

still workin' on it. looks like its gonna be one fast mutha :)

• ncmountainman

Posted May 13, 2005 - 12:20 PM

works suspenders? I did'nt know Yamaha sold works parts to the general public, or did you just revalve the stockers?

no there was a feller that had them leftover(03's) in his shop never used them,got'em at a steal as they are basically obsolete. but they are so good i took off the 05 stuff and put them on the new bike. i have the matching shock also and just ordered a 6.0 renton ti spring for it. i'm selling the 05 forks and putting the 05 shock on the wr for sell :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.