Texas: Meunster: Tire Question.

1 reply to this topic
  • Geek

Posted May 11, 2005 - 01:20 PM

The majority of my riding is done at Meunster (Red River) north of Dallas.

It's a combination of Sand, Rock climbing, and some hard packed trails... actually, there is pretty much every type of terrain in the one park. Hill climbs range from soft sand to smooth granite - on the same hill.

I'm just a trail rider .. no MX.. nothing too competative (doing my first enduro this weekend though :) ). I want something with reasonable grip that is going to last a bit longer than a competition tire would last (changing rear's with that dual lock is a chore!).

The bike came with a Dunlop 756 on the rear.

Suggestion on tires from anyone that rides Meunster?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kirkw

Posted May 11, 2005 - 06:56 PM

I don't know Meunster from riding experience, but grew up in the area and am familiar with the terrain. For my money, meaning not having to change a tire that wears out after 4-5 rides, I would go with a Maxxis
maxcross IT. Reasonably priced and wears better than any tire I have had before and I have tried most. It will open a big can of whoop XXX on that old 756 tire!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.