Acerbis Rally Guard - Fixes

4 replies to this topic
  • Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted November 14, 2000 - 01:06 PM

I've got a crack in one of my rally guards that needs fixing - anybody had any luck with repairs? What did you use - superglue?

Brian

• Grum_from_Oz

Posted November 14, 2000 - 01:53 PM

Drill a tiny hole at the crack tip. This will distribute the stresses at the crack tip and stop any further growth.
Grum

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bryan Bosch

Posted November 14, 2000 - 01:59 PM

Use some type of epoxy glue. Typically this glue comes in two separate containers and begins to harden when mixed. I've found it to be some tough stuff. Maybe you should try the drill AND glue method. If all else fails, duct tape it! If this won't fix it, it is really broken! :)

• Howard_Huge

Posted November 14, 2000 - 08:04 PM

The only way for you to fix those handguards is to ditch the plastic ones and make you up a set out of diamond plate :) Might as well make a set os diamond plate radiator guards while your at it :D

huge

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted November 14, 2000 - 08:37 PM

Hey Brian, have you tried welding them with a soldering iron. My next door neighbour is all ways crashing into something and has in the process become quite good at welding guards, headlights, number boards etc, just with a domestic soldering iron.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.