Carburator Clip Position

4 replies to this topic
  • Eric Henion

Posted May 10, 2005 - 09:20 PM

I recently uncorked my pig. The problem is I think that I did something wrong I put in a 65 pilot and a 165 main temp is between 80-90 at 1800-2000ft. Would a clip position in the wrong place cause a hesitation in the low to mid range? I put it in the 4th position like is suggested in one of the uncorking sites, The jetting guide in THE PIG PEN suggests the 2nd position. Any help would be great, thank you. :)

• TimBrp

Posted May 11, 2005 - 02:59 AM

Put in a 68s pilot jet and a 172 main. The bike should run fine. You did all the uncorking right?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • frankstr

Posted May 11, 2005 - 04:51 AM

68s, 172-175 main, needle in 3rd clip position........... :)

• TimBrp

Posted May 11, 2005 - 05:49 AM

Depends if the needle is stock or the B-53 series.... 4th for stock, 3rd for B-53. Lots of people have stated they have better luck leaving the stock in the 4th position as opposed to the B-53. They state the B-53 is a bit rich unless you do wide open riding all day long...

• Max Power

Posted May 11, 2005 - 06:10 AM

Hey Eric,

Since you are running at a density altitude of about 4500' (2000' @ 90F)

I think you are way rich on the needle. I think if you go to the No 2 position (second from the top) on the needle you will probably not have to touch anything else.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.