Gas Tank

5 replies to this topic
  • mikezilla

Posted May 10, 2005 - 04:59 PM

Does anyone have a stock gas tank that would fit a 1996 XR600R that they would like to sell. I destroyed mine this weekend. I really don't need an oversize tank. Most of the riding I do is well within the range of the stock tank, and besides, I don't think I need anymore added weight up top.
Thanks, Mike

• bugnut

Posted May 10, 2005 - 07:50 PM

I have a '05 that had only 3 tankfulls run through it. Bright, shiny, no dents, dings, or scratches. No cap or petcock (transfered to clark). Yours for 50.00 plus shipping? :)

• mikezilla

Posted May 11, 2005 - 10:44 AM

Its a deal on the tank, but I'm not sure if it would fit. You say it's an 05. My XR is a 96, the old air cooled one.
mike

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bugnut

Posted May 11, 2005 - 08:17 PM

Not sure on the fit. My new one is aircooled also, and so much of this bike has remained unchanged over the years. Maybe someone out there on the forum knows if it will fit. I'll have it if ya need it.

• mikezilla

Posted May 14, 2005 - 07:14 PM

So I looked it up on an online microfishe and it appers you have shrouds for more cooling. I also talked with the local honda dealer and he say it won't fit. Thanks for the responce and I guess I'll just keep looking.
mike

• rmhrc630

Posted May 14, 2005 - 09:51 PM

You dont want it either. It's steel.

Use EBAY

BTW how the hell did you destroy your gas tank???

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.