Whistling WR400

7 replies to this topic
  • natediggity

Posted May 10, 2005 - 03:59 PM

I have an 00' WR 400 that makes a wistling noise when I open up a lot of throttle. I don't have a power now or anything like that. Has anyone else experienced this? The bike runs great, always has. I'm just curious.

• Gadsen

Posted May 10, 2005 - 05:31 PM

I have an 00' WR 400 that makes a wistling noise when I open up a lot of throttle. I don't have a power now or anything like that. Has anyone else experienced this? The bike runs great, always has. I'm just curious.

It doesnt know the words? :) :D

I'd look for an air leak.

• matt buckley

Posted May 10, 2005 - 06:11 PM

I own a yz426 00 model and when i accelerate it makes a wiserling noise and sounds like a very quite turbo.

• new04450

Posted May 10, 2005 - 06:51 PM

I cut the air box out on my 04 wr and it whistles now also- I really notice it when I whack the throttle open- I cut it out using the templates from the factory update- has not hurt anything, but she sure does run better

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_from_HB

Posted May 10, 2005 - 07:55 PM

Don't worry about the whistling. It's not an air leak. It's pretty typical when you do the free mods. Most of them do it.
My '00WR400F does exactly the same thing.

• natediggity

Posted May 10, 2005 - 10:47 PM

Glad to hear that other people have heard this also. I have let other people ride my bike but nobody hears it except me. I guess its due to the flow of air through the airbox when uncorked. I'll try corking the bike with the stock airbox cover next time I'm out and see if that makes any difference. Thanks for the replies!

• hotrunnin-05wr450

Posted May 11, 2005 - 07:50 AM

im pretty sure its just the air coming into the motor (like a car intake) when it makes the sucking noise. i got a stock airbox on my 05 and i hear it everytime i ride. but like nayediggity said none of my friends hear it when they ride my bike.

• kirkw

Posted May 11, 2005 - 09:21 AM

My OO 400 does has done the same thing sinc eI got it... Part of their chamring character!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.