Switch from stock 14/49 to 13/50 sprockets

3 replies to this topic
  • Rambler32

Posted May 10, 2005 - 05:02 AM

I was wondering if I change the sprockets on my 2000 YZ426F from the stock 14/49 combo to a 13/50 combo for woods riding, will I be able to keep the same chain length?

Also, if I change the needle in the carb to the one from the 2001 model, will I have to mess with the jetting or anything else?

• simimi

Posted May 10, 2005 - 06:50 AM

as far as the chain goes, yes you should have no problem, you may simply need to adjust the slider blocks. Typcially I like to have my rear axle farther back, to keep the front end down anyways.

Mike

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yz426onNOS

Posted May 10, 2005 - 11:20 AM

Thats what I ran for northwest trails, great set-up.

• Rambler32

Posted May 10, 2005 - 03:21 PM

Thats what I ran for northwest trails, great set-up.

I'm glad to hear that because the parts guy that quoted me the prices on those sprockets treated me like I was an idiot for wanting to do this to a motocross bike. Fark him and the canoe he paddled in on I say. :)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.