New rims, hub and spokes

2 replies to this topic
  • JeffWR

Posted May 10, 2005 - 04:59 AM

I am going to buy a set of trelleborg winter spike tires for next season. I need some opinions as I hear the rear tire is a bear to change by hand on the stock rims with 2 rim locks.
Should I buy another set of rims, hubs and spokes assembled or unassembled for these tires or just get them mounted at the shop? I figure the front is an easier change than the rear.
If I opt to buy another set of rim assemblies are the stock ones better for summer or winter use. In the winter, weight, performance and strength is not as much of an issue as it is in the summer for me. Recommendations?

Thanks for your help and opinions even though it's getting hotter out, Jeff

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JeffWR

Posted May 11, 2005 - 07:40 AM

Does the rear hub fit any other bikes or is it unique to the WR's? I just want to be able to switch easily, maybe it's too foolish and expensive?

• drewpeacock

Posted May 11, 2005 - 01:10 PM

Foolish and expensive, yes! But it sure would be nice to have two sets of rear wheels. One for street/ice and one for dirt...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.