Rear Chainguide for "L" height adj.

6 replies to this topic
  • XR-Det

Posted May 10, 2005 - 03:13 AM

I was wondering if there is a height adjustable aftermarket chainguide for the rear? My original has so deep worn grooves that it is grinding the chainplates left and right and I had to take it off for right now.

The reason why I would like one that is adjustable is because I am thinking to go to a 50 in the rear. For the 48 I am on right now it looks like the original chainguide sits already to high.

Thanks for any input

PS: this question is for a XR650"L"

• Rider1958

Posted May 10, 2005 - 06:19 AM

I need to know this too! Have a 47 on now, need to go larger. Friend said he used a Moose (I think it was a Moose) chain guide that made no difference. Anyone knw what to use?
'02 XR650L Ronnie

• XR650L_Dave

Posted May 10, 2005 - 08:44 AM

Don't know about the aftermarket avail., but folks have made a little bracket that moves the guard down a little.
If someone comes up with an aftermarket, part, let us know!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR-Det

Posted May 11, 2005 - 03:03 AM

hmmm that's why I havn't had any luck finding anything yet - if no one knows about it here I guess I have to make something myself...

• goblin127

Posted May 11, 2005 - 04:54 AM

Some one just responded to post i put out that white bros. has something. i have not checked it out yet.

• XR-Det

Posted May 11, 2005 - 03:42 PM

Some one just responded to post i put out that white bros. has something. i have not checked it out yet.

I searched for it today a lil but didn't find any White Bros thingy...

All I found in their catalog was a SRC guide type CR, which is a weld-on thing.

• thumper245

Posted May 11, 2005 - 08:03 PM

I went to a 48 tooth and had to drop about 3/8th of and inch to make it work. My riding buddy made mine up for me but they are rather simple to make. I did see on here awhile back where a guy used rollers in there and seemed like a good idea.

Related Content

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 4 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  47 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.