XR650L- Best Bike in the world-

561 replies to this topic
  • Jayzonk

Posted May 24, 2005 - 08:34 PM

......hey guys........sorry I'm "L"ate. I was out riding my '05 XR650L. Geez, the girls noticed my big headlight right away. I didn't even need to get out of second gear to impress anyone! It's amazing, some guys gotta go to liquid cooling to get noticed....
BTW (re: jpeg of babe in black holding umbrella), L riders don't need a chick to hold an umbrella over them in the rain! I guess the R stands for "run for cover..."

• Jayzonk

Posted May 24, 2005 - 09:02 PM

Who can complete this joke?

"Why does an XR650L have a toolbag behind the seat?"

• Jayzonk

Posted May 24, 2005 - 09:18 PM

So you think I'm a fraud? Do I need to "L"ift my "L"id and expose myself?? :)

• XR-Det

Posted May 25, 2005 - 03:07 AM

....Look at XR-DET's AVATAR the bike in the back say's it all :) :D XR-DET is the Cool Dad and has a little one having an "L" of a time fallowing :) :D Times that wi"L" never be forgotten!

Ehh?? I don't know the guy behind me, I had a hard time but finally I blasted him on the straight in second gear after the last turn ;) LOL

Ok ok, I admit it... its my son and I never blasted him... he is supposed to ride behind me because I told him :D :D :D but one day... :worthy:

Hey Jayzonk,
why don't you show some pictures of your "L" instead of calling ppl here names and gay?? You've never done it before or at least I missed it. Maybe I would believe then that you own one... keep your lid shut I like your new avatar better than that with the hat.

• XR-Det

Posted May 25, 2005 - 03:34 AM

Who can complete this joke?

"Why does an XR650L have a toolbag behind the seat?"

They didn't tell you last week when you got it??? Its to get some weight on the rear so you can wheelie better with an "L" than a "R" :)

• BrettJ

Posted May 25, 2005 - 03:56 AM

Don't wanna sound like a do gooder here obviously everyone is intitled to like what they like but lets ber honest

1) XR650R a F@ckin reliable if you can't look after that you don' deserve to ride. A 650L rider cant claim a L is better than a R on the maintence issue
2) The only thing and I repeat only this a L has over an R is the electric leg
3) The seat is too hard ppf its not hard to change foam
4) I bet if you L riders were honest you would agree that there would be no reason to even produce L if the 650r had electric start

But like what you like I a 650r rider am obviously biased but hey I couldnt understand why you would get an L if R's were electric start

• XR-Det

Posted May 25, 2005 - 06:49 AM

Hey BrettJ
I agree, I don't understand why Honda keeps the "L" alive. They should do it like Suzi with the DRZs in two versions. Wouldn't that save a bunch of money in production cost? I doubt that there are that many guys who wouldn't buy it because its watercooled.

Maybe Honda overstocked on "L" frames and is trying to get rid of those :)

Det

• D36 Transplant

Posted May 25, 2005 - 07:26 AM

My buddies wife loves riding her "L" down to Starbucks for a cappuchino or three.

Oh by the way, I thought I would update you "L" guys as promised. On my 400 mile ride through Baja (on dirt) this weekend. I did NOT see one "L". Lots of "R's" prerunning for the 500, but no "L's". Starbucks must have been packed this weekend with "L" riders.

• XR-Det

Posted May 25, 2005 - 07:41 AM

My buddies wife loves riding her "L" down to Starbucks for a cappuchino or three.

Oh by the way, I thought I would update you "L" guys as promised. On my 400 mile ride through Baja (on dirt) this weekend. I did NOT see one "L". Lots of "R's" prerunning for the 500, but no "L's". Starbucks must have been packed this weekend with "L" riders.

Oh, forgot to tell you that I was busy this weekend. Anyway, you probably wouldn't have seen much of me because my "L" would have hurried to get back to Starbucks. Its hard to slow a "L" down once it smelled the cappuchino you just have to hold on to it :)

• Xr650LMartin

Posted May 25, 2005 - 02:21 PM

Hey BWB63!! I foud a pic of a flying L!!!

http://photos.motorc...eb/IMG_3646.jpg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR-Det

Posted May 25, 2005 - 03:07 PM

That is two :) :D

and three and four and...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• D36 Transplant

Posted May 25, 2005 - 03:09 PM

Hey BWB63!! I foud a pic of a flying L!!!

http://photos.motorc...eb/IMG_3646.jpg

Holy Toledo Batman.....Is that a bird or a plane or..........an "L".........

Sweet pic

• XR-Det

Posted May 25, 2005 - 03:25 PM

XR-Det where was that first one taken???

Number two, three and four are the same guy. Where and who are these masked men??

:) :D

You counted two, I just continued three and four because the last three were the same guy :D But I thought he looked aggresive on the "L" - worth three pictures!! :)

The first one was a Ken from your state CA:
http://www.bikepics.com/members/ken1f/

The last three ones was Paul Leduc from Canada:
http://www.bikepics....members/zx1100/

dunno if any of those two are hanging out here on TT.

• hill5150

Posted May 25, 2005 - 04:08 PM

First pic looks like Beaumont bw's right,I've been riding there, jeez, 17 years now, did a 80 mile loop last month up to the peak of the mountain (Jacinto?)and ended up in Banning riding down the 243, it was great.......Finallly made it back on 1 inch of petro..........the law is actually fairly cool out there if you are up front with them .......................:)

• XR-Det

Posted May 25, 2005 - 05:21 PM

That is why I asked. When you live somewhere you know the dirt and bushes, like they belong to you. I was sure that was out where I lived. (the first one)

hehehe, thats kind of what I thought when you immediately asked - oops did I pick a pic of a guy BW knows? nah, not an "L" rider, must be the place - lol

• Jayzonk

Posted May 25, 2005 - 07:21 PM

Actually, the first pic is from a 2003 magazine comparison of the Honda L with the 650 Dakar. I'm sure these guys are pro's at getting the camera angles, so I wouldn't be too bent on thinking that this guy is out flying with the birds. If you flip go to the last page, you'll see a flying Beemer too. The article basically says that the Beemer crashes like a bucket of bolts when you jump it.
See....
http://www.motorcycl...cleID=71&Page=3
So you want me to shXt or get off the pot?? I'll send you a picture, but don't expect anything unusual. I'm not sure you'll see it tonight, as I'm sure the R guys are getting their "R"est.

• Jayzonk

Posted May 26, 2005 - 08:57 AM

Okay, here's my Avatar, Starbucks included.

• XR-Det

Posted May 26, 2005 - 04:15 PM

I don't like to say anything bad about the rider ....

Did that sound bad what I wrote??? Honor all over him - he is representing the flying "L" riders :) lol

I can't offer any pics jumping my "L", so far I only managed to get it stuck in mud up to the foot pegs in this swampy VA Beach.

You can not even trust those new road construction sites around here.... man was I cussing trying to get that heavy beast dugg out of there. Feels kinda funny when your bike gets slower and slower and when you decide to stop and put the foot down its even with the pegs. When I stepped of the bike I sunk my boots completely in that pudding and my XRL stood by itself :D

I would rather practice jumping!!

• XR-Det

Posted May 26, 2005 - 04:35 PM

Ok, I have had it! :)

Here is the u"L"timate "L"arge pig doing a Trip"L"e jump :)

You won't believe this video of a black pig doing a triple jump. I am sure it's an "L"

Pig doing a Triple jump, Click Here: :D

lol - Hard to tell but the shrouds and frame looks more like an "R" - I'm sure!!

• XR-Det

Posted May 26, 2005 - 04:44 PM

I'm telling you, here on the far east coast you sink your BRP rather than jump it on everything that leaves the pavement.

My two buddies trying to rescue his DRZ last Saturday - lol - he had to try it despite the fact that he was warned by some worker from that place. Too funny when you hang on your rear fender pulling what you can pull...

Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.