XR650L- Best Bike in the world-

561 replies to this topic
  • Max Power

Posted May 13, 2005 - 08:49 PM

Just thought I'd tune in & read up on some good intelligent chat. Just see a bunch of childish hogwash. Guess I'll hit the hay. At least I'm going riding in the morning. Won't tell you which bike I'll be taking, as that is not important. Riding is!! Nite Nite little kiddies.

Night.... Night..... :)

Posted Image

• Winkel

Posted May 13, 2005 - 08:53 PM

Maxpower,

I have the 2000 650R pictured on your right also, dual sported. Awesome bike. I wouldn't trade it for any thing!

Keep riding!

Winkel

• dabeyta3

Posted May 13, 2005 - 11:22 PM

If you want the best factory street legal bike get a 650L. What I can't understand is whats so great about the 650R. I have ridden many different bikes including the 650R and if I want a street legal comfortable bike I'll go with the 650L. If I want a great non-highway legal trail bike I'd go with the WR450. It's a whole lot lighter, faster stock and easier on me. Why would anyone want a bike that you have to modify like crazy to get decent power and suspension. The 650R is really just a oversize trail bike.

• XR-Det

Posted May 14, 2005 - 03:19 AM

Maxpower,

I have the 2000 650R pictured on your right also, dual sported. Awesome bike. I wouldn't trade it for any thing!

Keep riding!

Winkel

You sure you have a "R"?? I thought the one on the right was the "L" :D

A hour and I am gone riding, but I take my half four stroke "R" today :)

nice riding weekend to everyone!!!

• Max Power

Posted May 14, 2005 - 07:40 AM

Maxpower,

Keep riding!

Winkel

That pic is of my Dad with his L. He traded it last fall for a DRZ 400S. He wanted similar performance to the L but in a lighter package.

The R is mine. :)

• XR650L_Dave

Posted May 14, 2005 - 01:27 PM

I love it, I posted that the L was the right bike for me, for what I was doing, and if my needs changed, I'd get something different.
Turned into a total flame-fest.

I must say, I must be the ultimate troll...

-Dave

• mikefish

Posted May 14, 2005 - 01:31 PM

I've had lots of bikes. I can honestly say that out of them all I like my XR650L the best. I can go just about everywhere anyone else can & when I get tired of single tracking I can roll on to the highway & head home at 70 mph! I've only had to be hauled in once & that was because I was just too tired to fix a flat on the trail. Cel Phone & a wife that can come get me anywhere is good sweep coverage. Several of my buddies bought their own & we go just about every weekend. What more could you ask for?

• LotsOfBikes

Posted May 14, 2005 - 02:31 PM

I agree. Of the 6 motorcycles in my garage, the 650L is my favorite. My favorite to commute with in ********* infested traffic, Comfortable, 50mpg.. There is nothing that I have done on the other bikes that I have not also done on my 650L. Jumped over many vehicles, moto'd, raced, BTFU! :)

..except 90mph over the whoops.. 650L no likey that at all!!! :D

• XR-Det

Posted May 14, 2005 - 03:13 PM

I love it, I posted that the L was the right bike for me, for what I was doing, and if my needs changed, I'd get something different.
Turned into a total flame-fest.

I must say, I must be the ultimate troll...

-Dave

That's about time you come back here after starting that all :)

• Jayzonk

Posted May 23, 2005 - 04:42 AM

BWB63 - your talk is as cheap as your plastic "R" gas tank.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR-Det

Posted May 23, 2005 - 04:59 AM

XR-Det - your talk is as cheap as your plastic "R" gas tank.

Who are you???

I agree my tank was cheap because it was on the bike when I bought it... but for your information its not a "R" tank... you get those from IMS.

Did you just step out of the bed with the wrong foot or what that you have to reply to a thread that is over a week old???

• Jayzonk

Posted May 23, 2005 - 05:47 AM

Message intended for BWB63 R rider

• Jayzonk

Posted May 23, 2005 - 05:49 AM

I signed up last week when I was 500 miles from home. Couldn't access my own email to activate my account and respond. But still a little revved about the L comments made by BWB63 - I must really hold grudges!

• XR-Det

Posted May 23, 2005 - 07:18 AM

I signed up last week when I was 500 miles from home. Couldn't access my own email to activate my account and respond. But still a little revved about the L comments made by BWB63 - I must really hold grudges!

Oh ok,

but anyway, we were just picking on each other for fun. I don't think BWB meant anything personal... neither did I. At least thats how I see it :)

Well, enjoy riding your "L" or "R"...

Det

• Jayzonk

Posted May 23, 2005 - 07:46 AM

Reading back through the messages - BWB was looking for some razzamataz, so that's what I'm giving him!

• Jayzonk

Posted May 23, 2005 - 09:24 AM

Hey BWB, I heard only Big Knobs ride bikes with big knobs on pavement...

• Jayzonk

Posted May 23, 2005 - 09:46 AM

Hey BWB, did you know that the size of an XR rider's manliness is directly proportional to the size of his headlight? The L headlight is twice as big as the R's.
I heard you ride an R........... :)
But if you got a big enough _______, you don't need an R...

• XR-Det

Posted May 23, 2005 - 05:21 PM

Well, yea, I might be compensating for the headlight with more horsepower :) but, my headlight is good enough to keep this ride happy....

Wow, pretty bright that pink headlight - LOL :D :) ahm what am I looking at??

• XR-Det

Posted May 24, 2005 - 03:35 PM

Jayzonk, joins......six posts looking to stir the pot and then leaves? Did it Finally thaw out and he road off to thaw out his headlight? Got lost looking for a hot capachino. Are the bears coming out of hybernation and he is busy trying to out run one? (the bear must like big headlights)

Did he find that my "R" can put up so, he shut up? Man, not much of a "L" of a rider :)
Like it was said, It is all in fun, not against one bike or another. :D The rest of you "L" guy's need to beat the "L" out of him for his feeble attempt. :worthy:

Who knows if he has a "L" at all, if then it might not even be a XR?? :)
ts ts ts he was so in a rage about it that he confused me with you BWB, wouldn't happen to a re"L"axed, ski"LL"ed, and extrem"L"y fast "L" rider :D

• superflymx

Posted May 24, 2005 - 04:23 PM

You are so right! I just got another 2005 xr650l this bikes rock! I have had 3 of them.My other 2 had over 20,000 miles on them never had any motor problems ever!!!! Honda did the right thing when they made XR650l!!! :)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.