561 replies to this topic
  • Tommie2shoes

Posted April 06, 2010 - 08:57 AM

i have one but wish i had two maybe three

• BRP Chaos

Posted April 06, 2010 - 09:51 AM

well as most of u know i sold my 50hp L... :applause:

...but wut u don't know is to whom... :thumbsup:

...i promised not to post their name BUT let me give u a hint...

...it's go'n to the far left coast(Ukraine)! :)

:jawdrop:

AHA! :lol: Probly will change the plastics and claim its an R:smirk:

• pickuptrucker

Posted April 06, 2010 - 11:37 AM

What if the 650R had electric start and a cushy seat?

the seat on my R feels amazing compared to my crfR :)

just sayin :thumbsup:

best family of bike for sure :lol:

• Ocaptainmycaptain

Posted April 06, 2010 - 05:23 PM

well as most of u know i sold my 50hp L... :lol:

Sorry to hear that. How come? Did you replace it?

I recall learning a lot from you over the last 18 months as I've been modding my L. Thanks for all the tips and advice. :thumbsup:

• Kenzo

Posted April 07, 2010 - 04:28 AM

Sorry to hear that. How come? Did you replace it?

I recall learning a lot from you over the last 18 months as I've been modding my L. Thanks for all the tips and advice. :thumbsup:

an 06 KTM 400 EXC...i'm a +95% woods/technical ride :lol:

gunna do my first Hare Scramble next weekend! :)

i'll still be hang'n around w/ my buddy do'n an L transplant into a quadtard. :jawdrop:

:applause:

• Ocaptainmycaptain

Posted April 07, 2010 - 06:36 AM

I have no experience with KTMs but they look like great bikes. I went on a 100 mile dual sport ride last month and there were two KTM 950 SE's in the group. Those bikes looked solid and fun. I almost bought a 450 EXC a couple of years ago, but decided last minute to get at YZ250 instead.

Anyway, good luck with your hare scramble.

Yeah, sorry to hear about the fate of that L engine.

• frog13

Posted April 07, 2010 - 04:41 PM

M1A rifleman------------get the 650L!,you won't regret it!.:thumbsup::lol:

• BWB63

Posted April 07, 2010 - 06:06 PM

I would imagine that if somebody put as much work into an L as you did your R, with a good rider, both bikes would be able to do all the same things!:applause:

Come on we tried! Well, not both at full tilt, but, both better then stock and the "L" stripped of thirty pound. Noway, not even close. Fact. Where the weight is, how much, the ergonomics of the suspension. I could clear just at 50 foot table top with the "L", I have clear just over 70' with the "R" :jawdrop: Oh, wait.....he was joking.....man I got all worked up for a second there:lol::cheers::lol::crazy::lol::crazy:

That should be good for another 500 pages and 33K views:smirk:

well as most of u know i sold my 50hp L... :)

...but wut u don't know is to whom... :thumbsup:

...i promised not to post their name BUT let me give u a hint...

...it's go'n to the far left coast(Ukraine)! :lol:

:blah:

It must be sad to leave behind all your "L" friends at starbucks:smirk:

I didn't move on but, I did build a CR500R and bought another CR250R. I wanted to buy a TC510 real bad but, I got caught up into making money and have been working tons of overtime, I think it will be slowing down real soon and back to riding more. I rolled my nice new Duramax lifted truck:cry: so, that will be a big project to get it better then before. I need to get out on another big Pigfest! That is if the Green pickle is still riding:p

Posted Image

• Kenzo

Posted April 07, 2010 - 06:58 PM

Come on we tried! Well, not both at full tilt, but, both better then stock and the "L" stripped of thirty pound. Noway, not even close. Fact. Where the weight is, how much, the ergonomics of the suspension. I could clear just at 50 foot table top with the "L", I have clear just over 70' with the "R" :lol: Oh, wait.....he was joking.....man I got all worked up for a second there:lol::applause::lol::jawdrop::lol::cheers:

That should be good for another 500 pages and 33K views:smirk:

It must be sad to leave behind all your "L" friends at starbucks:smirk:

I didn't move on but, I did build a CR500R and bought another CR250R. I wanted to buy a TC510 real bad but, I got caught up into making money and have been working tons of overtime, I think it will be slowing down real soon and back to riding more. I rolled my nice new Duramax lifted truck:cry: so, that will be a big project to get it better then before. I need to get out on another big Pigfest! That is if the Green pickle is still riding:p

Posted Image

yeah...stick to trucks :thumbsup:

ur get'n too old to ride and iz hearz u gain'd about 40lbs "work'n" all of that overtime...hell u and dat R weigh more than most L riders and their bikes! :crazy:

:)

• Kenzo

Posted April 08, 2010 - 12:22 PM

What??? Am I going to have to go to Texas and show you what this fat guy can do? Coming from someone that rides a pumkin? :applause:

What is a Pumpkin now the best bike in the world?:)

[COLOR="Red"]...an old desert rat ride'n in the woods?!? :thumbsup:

yeah...it's probably time for u to get an L!:lol:[/COLOR]

:jawdrop:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kenzo

Posted April 09, 2010 - 03:53 AM

yeah...i guess i'm be'n a little tuff on u...:)

w/ the "new" bike i lost +70lbs, the restaurant biz sux currently so i've been ride'n a lot :thumbsup:

hell i've even dropped 15lbs and added sum riding muscle :applause:

don't worry Bruce we'll find sumone to complete the "shock project"...currently it's ready to test BUT with the piston "bleed hole" as sum others suggested...

...i think a bleed hole in the shock body will be the way to go.

:lol:

• WR TOM

Posted April 09, 2010 - 03:23 PM

Now that you have moved on from the Pig of all pigs. Do you retract any of your comments from this 530+ posts:lol: It would take you a few days to reread your 400+ posts out of all this:smirk: Sorry for rubbing it in but, you must really feel stupid about all that :cheers::lol::) (Lame Goofy Love) as you spouted off about how wonderful your "L" was:smirk:
I wouldn't even doubt now that you ride something that can compete you have become 200% better rider?:applause:

I know this thread is all about having fun but, seriously, how does the "L" look in hind sight?:thumbsup::jawdrop:

When we pre-ran part of the Baja 500 on a EXE 525 it was a blast for awhile. Very lively bike and much more fun then the XR680R but, the link-less suspension just wore us out in the long run. The TC510 was even more lively but, the suspension is much better for that type of riding. I liked the 525 just not the rear suspension.

I guess as long as you stand up all the time, could be worlds best bike?

• Kenzo

Posted April 09, 2010 - 03:58 PM

Now that you have moved on from the Pig of all pigs. Do you retract any of your comments from this 530+ posts:lol: It would take you a few days to reread your 400+ posts out of all this:smirk: Sorry for rubbing it in but, you must really feel stupid about all that :doh::applause::crazy: (Lame Goofy Love) as you spouted off about how wonderful your "L" was:smirk:
I wouldn't even doubt now that you ride something that can compete you have become 200% better rider?:crazy:

I know this thread is all about having fun but, seriously, how does the "L" look in hind sight?:lol::blah:

When we pre-ran part of the Baja 500 on a EXE 525 it was a blast for awhile. Very lively bike and much more fun then the XR680R but, the link-less suspension just wore us out in the long run. The TC510 was even more lively but, the suspension is much better for that type of riding. I liked the 525 just not the rear suspension.

naw...the XR's(L,R,etc...) are great bikes! :thumbsup:

just the wrong bike for the type of ride'n i'm do'n BUT learn'n how to make that pig work wus great training...if u can make that bike work then get'n on sumthin purpose built it's like a dream come true...i didn't have a clue how much it wus hold'n me back. :jawdrop:

i'm even gunna ride my first hare scamble next weekend :lol:

the final straw wus get'n in sum real tight technical chit and sink'n that pig in sum serious mud...it like to kill me...ain't sumthin i recommend w/ a top heavy +300lb bike at any age! :cheers:

:)

• frog13

Posted April 09, 2010 - 04:25 PM

You gents must be talkin about some serious ridin!---I left that years ago---the L and I have our disagreements,but,we do just fine!.

• BWB63

Posted April 09, 2010 - 05:57 PM

Yes, Kenzo left the starbuck's crowd to find racing and just can't come to grips with some of the lies he has said in the past:lol:
(remember this is a spoof thread and nothing is serious< don't want to hurt any of you "L" feelings)
We all know that the "L" is only for the leisurely ride to the corner store of to "hang out with the "L" guys at starbucks" bike. If you are serious you need an "R" to race. Kenzo just couldn't make the all out commit meant and bout a pumpkin.........almost:smirk: got the best bike in the world:ride:

(For those that think bashing the "L" is sacrilege you need to read all 530+ posts to know this thread)

Posted ImageKenzo can't touch this:worthy::thumbsup::lol::)

• Rman of 237

Posted April 09, 2010 - 06:23 PM

Hmmmm?:thumbsup: Must've missed this one! :lol:

• pwrpapa

Posted April 09, 2010 - 06:37 PM

This thread is Hilarious..

• BWB63

Posted April 09, 2010 - 07:14 PM

Yep, the last five years of this group in one thread:smirk:

A little slow for the first few pages then it picks up and get really wiled.:thumbsup:

• Kenzo

Posted April 10, 2010 - 04:52 AM

Yes, Kenzo left the starbuck's crowd to find racing and just can't come to grips with some of the lies he has said in the past:lol:
(remember this is a spoof thread and nothing is serious< don't want to hurt any of you "L" feelings)
We all know that the "L" is only for the leisurely ride to the corner store of to "hang out with the "L" guys at starbucks" bike. If you are serious you need an "R" to race. Kenzo just couldn't make the all out commit meant and bout a pumpkin.........almost:smirk: got the best bike in the world:ride:

(For those that think bashing the "L" is sacrilege you need to read all 530+ posts to know this thread)

Posted ImageKenzo can't touch this:worthy::):applause::crazy:

yeah but that clip is 10 year old!!!

ur much older...and wider! :crazy:

try that around here and we'll be scrap'n ur azz off a 120' tall pine tree :jawdrop:

...40' tabletops? try'n to rember the last time i rode 40' w/o a turn :lol:

yeah...ur R is fast, stable in a straight line, doesn't turn very well, slow to wind-up and did i mention HEAVY...kinda like an Airbuss

...now my "new" bike ur talk'n fighter jet! :thumbsup:

:cheers:

P.S. ...see how fast i forget about "past" bikes...i'm about live'n in the here and now...but the R is a "classic". :blah:

• BWB63

Posted April 10, 2010 - 11:40 AM

Ooooooh, I hate went you distort the truth:naughty:
Those pictures are only six years old:smirk::thumbsup:
I don't see any picture of you on your new fighter jet:p:snore:
Any time you want to carve the mountains let me know:ride: remember I live at 3K at the base of a 11.5K mountain and have ridden every ride-able part of it, most with the pig. Come on jet fighter bring it on:busted: I''l watch your pumpkin roll to the bottom:eek::lol::)

It is to bad we can't get together for another pigfest but, somewhere central at a time when everyone has the time and money. Most of the race guys I rode with are getting old and have moved on to other things. I have found I have done the same:bonk: but, only for the last three years and I keep telling myself next season....:jawdrop: It is a shame; More Money = Less Riding, Less Money = More riding, there seems to be a little truth to that.

The picture below was an "L" getting owned in Texas by a much stronger and lighter "R":lol: The picture of me was photo shopped in :applause: The problem I see with the picture is they are both male and the "L" in front is smiling.
The real picture from 2006
Posted Image

and obiously it's you "L" riders that try to egg it on with us "R" riders, I have only a handful of posts on this thread:smirk:

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.