XR650L- Best Bike in the world-

561 replies to this topic
  • XR650L_Dave

Posted November 09, 2007 - 08:39 AM

if the BRP moniker was invented for the XR600R, than the XRL is the inheritor of it.

D

• DGXR

Posted November 09, 2007 - 08:45 AM

Yes,did I mention that my 86XR600 still runs as strong as a MUH FUH!!

...as does my 84 XR500R, which is the 600's smaller "father"(?) I guess it could be a grandpa, a very angry one! LOL
Hefty Honda thumpers - regardless of year - are some of the best dirt bikes ever made. Period. :thumbsup:

• XR650L_Dave

Posted June 20, 2008 - 12:10 PM

Lasted till 11-09-2007 and now has been dug up again! I have only thee recorded posts on this thread....

Including this one?

Dave

• ghrati ghoti

Posted June 20, 2008 - 12:17 PM

Including this one?

Dave

Kinda flattering that Bruce would read 53 pages of L greatness, even more so that he brought this back to the front page. He's probably got an L in his closet.
:lol3:

• gearloos

Posted June 20, 2008 - 05:32 PM

Over 30,680 views....not many posts........I think there has been post removed from this thread!!! :p

Bump for that one...
I think the L is an amazing bike. On the road it does anything I need. It will handle good enough to be fun, not racing with the 600's but just plain fun! (yes, I have owned sportbikes in the past) if motard out,:cry: it will really do well, but I'm just talking basic mods here like uncorked and resprung.
Take it to the desert and it is plenty fast enough for anyone not racing (yes, Ive owned dirtbikes--I still do have a kx250) but again, I'm just talking fast enough to be fun.
It won't give you 10 ft of air without squealing like a .... well you know, a big red pig, but for me it doesn't matter. I hurt my back awhile ago and don't need to do that anymore. What I do need to do is go fast enough to cool off when it's like 110 where I ride.:thumbsup:

• XR650L_Dave

Posted April 05, 2010 - 02:43 PM

What, this thread ain't locked yet?

dave

• XR-Det

Posted April 05, 2010 - 03:43 PM

What, this thread ain't locked yet?

dave

...why would it? I didnt sell my XR yet :thumbsup:

• XR650L_Dave

Posted April 05, 2010 - 05:05 PM

Come on Dave you didn't bring this thread alive in retribution of me not agreeing with your "Leftest" XR650"L" ways:lol: I am hurt you would stoop this low to get even with me posting help for the Left leaning XL:lol::lol:

Sorry to the rest of you, this spilled over from TS..........

5/9/2005 over 500 posts and over 100 posts removed! :thumbsup:

Hey, someone claimed some OTHER thread was the best evah, I couldn't let that stand unchallenged...

Besides, this thread is from the bygone era of civil discourse, some folks could use a refresher.

Dave

• M1A Rifleman

Posted April 05, 2010 - 05:42 PM

Now knock it off, your making it that much more difficult for me to make a decision on which bike. :thumbsup: I thought I had settled against this bike because of the Yami WR250R, but since the yami seems like its having fuel pump issues I think I' back to big red.

• Bibleman

Posted April 05, 2010 - 06:04 PM

I don't know if it's the best bike in the world, but it's the best bike I ever had - and I've had about 40 bikes.:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BRP Chaos

Posted April 05, 2010 - 06:06 PM

Best Bike in the World for the kind of riding I want to do now. If I want to do some other kind of riding, maybe I'll buy a different bike.

Now shaddup!

Dave

+1 :thumbsup:

No appologies needed :lol:

• cj_wai

Posted April 05, 2010 - 06:42 PM

Best Bike in the World for the kind of riding I want to do now. If I want to do some other kind of riding, maybe I'll buy a different bike.

Now shaddup!

Dave

man,they should have split this forum up from the beginning.the xr650r needs it,s own forum.it is after all a far superior bike to any of the others here.

• BWB63

Posted April 05, 2010 - 07:31 PM

:thumbsup::lol::lol:The Zombie post of all posts! Five years and it is still alive.....shoot it in the head, shoot it in the head! :lol:

www.borynack.com/XR650R

"L" can't do this...

http://borynack.com/...0R/bwbvideo.htm

• fshnrob

Posted April 06, 2010 - 04:34 AM

:lol::lol::lol:The Zombie post of all posts! Five years and it is still alive.....shoot it in the head, shoot it in the head! :)

www.borynack.com/XR650R

"L" can't do this...

I would imagine that if somebody put as much work into an L as you did your R, with a good rider, both bikes would be able to do all the same things!:thumbsup:

• martinfan30

Posted April 06, 2010 - 04:46 AM

:lol::lol::lol:The Zombie post of all posts! Five years and it is still alive.....shoot it in the head, shoot it in the head! :)

www.borynack.com/XR650R

"L" can't do this...

Yeah really... :thumbsup:

• Kenzo

Posted April 06, 2010 - 05:20 AM

well as most of u know i sold my 50hp L... :)

...but wut u don't know is to whom... :thumbsup:

...i promised not to post their name BUT let me give u a hint...

...it's go'n to the far left coast(Ukraine)! :lol:

:applause:

• cj_wai

Posted April 06, 2010 - 05:47 AM

I would imagine that if somebody put as much work into an L as you did your R, with a good rider, both bikes would be able to do all the same things!:thumbsup:

never.seriously,have you ever ridden an r.

• XR650L_Dave

Posted April 06, 2010 - 07:16 AM

never.seriously,have you ever ridden an r.

True an L will never be as fast, but there's precious little on that vid page My L wouldn't do, albeit a little slower in some cases.

Dave

• pwrpapa

Posted April 06, 2010 - 08:07 AM

I still have a love affair with my L from time to time, I've logged 55,000 miles on my last one.
The L is a great dual purpose motor bike,so I built me a new big bore L but I have the R bug right now so she sits in the shop waiting for me to ride her.:thumbsup:

• XR650L_Dave

Posted April 06, 2010 - 08:49 AM

Sometimes you feel the need for speed and gotta go with it.

Dave

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.