XR650L- Best Bike in the world-

561 replies to this topic
  • hill5150

Posted November 30, 2005 - 06:13 PM

well, being used to the thump of the 650, a crf450 would be the better choice. it would be like going from a boeing 474 to a paper air plain.

:applause:

• Scott V

Posted November 30, 2005 - 06:16 PM

Hmmm........I have never heard of a boeing 474 :applause: :p air PLANE :p

I thought that was "paper air plain" :ride:

• Jayzonk

Posted November 30, 2005 - 09:09 PM

Hey WRF, you'd better weigh in on this. These guys are crucifying you!!!

• XR-Det

Posted December 01, 2005 - 04:03 AM

hahaha :applause:

• ghoti

Posted December 01, 2005 - 08:05 AM

His Mom made him clean his room. :applause:

• ztsd

Posted December 03, 2005 - 10:42 PM

That is wayyy funny! What made you guys drag this forum back up? Stirring the pot??

I was just doing some research on what bike to buy... After carefully reading this thread I went out and Got the ‘R’...

• wheelnut46

Posted December 04, 2005 - 04:36 PM

If they replaced the L with the R then there wouldn't be an air cooled or inexpensive 650cc Honda dual sport anymore.
:applause:

• NYKTM

Posted December 04, 2005 - 04:46 PM

loved my xl350's

living on beach with an xl was tops, the block long powerslide into the tel pole breaker jump, then another powerslide, you get the picture.... cops chasing that don't even have a chance....

man those were the days....

nowadays I stop and get the 65.00 ticket.... arghhhh

• char700

Posted December 04, 2005 - 05:41 PM

2004 $3000 XR 650L hopefully i can git the R model before they stop making it because these two bikes are the last low maintenace high powered long lasting bikes out there & if I'm wrong about that I'm sure ill read all about it in this forum.

• wheelnut46

Posted December 04, 2005 - 05:59 PM

2001 L with 4,700 road miles. Very clean condition. No scratches or dents. synthetic oil etc. but needs a rear tire. $2,600.
Does being liquid cooled really make the engine last longer?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jayzonk

Posted December 04, 2005 - 10:39 PM

Hah! I feel like I've made the allstar bullshitters list. :applause:

• Jayzonk

Posted December 04, 2005 - 10:41 PM

Okay, I'm getting antsy here about this loss of our bike. Is this new CRF600 really going to be a high maintenance bike? If so, I'm seriously going to go out and get an R. I think I can get one for $6500 Canadian, if I go at it pretty hard. Someone give me their best sales pitch at the dealers.
Maybe, can someone first confirm that the XR is going to be dropped here? Someone wrote a post in another thread saying that it's going to be dc'd in the US after '06, but they didn't say where they got the information.

• Jayzonk

Posted December 04, 2005 - 10:48 PM

2001 L with 4,700 road miles. Very clean condition. No scratches or dents. synthetic oil etc. but needs a rear tire. $2,600.
Does being liquid cooled really make the engine last longer?

2005 XR650L 3000km. Til death do us part. Price: Priceless. :applause:

• Heavy_G

Posted December 04, 2005 - 10:58 PM

My xr600r
I love This Bike!
Posted Image

• Jayzonk

Posted December 04, 2005 - 11:00 PM

That's a great shot. Where did you take that?

• Heavy_G

Posted December 04, 2005 - 11:03 PM

That's a great shot. Where did you take that?

National Forest in California

• XR650L_Dave

Posted December 05, 2005 - 09:43 AM

Best Bike in the World for the kind of riding I want to do now. If I want to do some other kind of riding, maybe I'll buy a different bike.

Now shaddup!

Dave

I notice no one ever quotes the "Best Quote in the World" on the "Best Bike in the World", so I figure its time to make sure the newbs see what kicked this whole thing off!

D

• ghoti

Posted December 05, 2005 - 10:36 AM

I notice no one ever quotes the "Best Quote in the World" on the "Best Bike in the World", so I figure its time to make sure the newbs see what kicked this whole thing off!

D

Thanks for reminding us Dave, but no one hase taken your advice to Shuddup.

• huntmaster

Posted December 05, 2005 - 10:38 AM

If they replaced the L with the R then there wouldn't be an air cooled or inexpensive 650cc Honda dual sport anymore.

Well, there's no iron-barelled pushrod actuated dual sport around anymore either! They dropped the entire XL dualsport line at one time and we all got over it. New and usually better bikes will come along and replace the current ones...and we'll get over it. :applause:

• ghoti

Posted December 07, 2005 - 10:02 AM

Well, there's no iron-barelled pushrod actuated dual sport around anymore either! They dropped the entire XL dualsport line at one time and we all got over it. New and usually better bikes will come along and replace the current ones...and we'll get over it. :applause:

You talking about Harleys?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.