XR650L- Best Bike in the world-

561 replies to this topic
  • GIANTac1

Posted November 02, 2005 - 06:43 PM

Well I guess I will be the one to let you in on the secret :busted:
It's all in fun :lol: I'll even ride with an "L" if none of my "R" friends "R" around. I would love to hook up with the San Diego Boarder clan, That is mostly an "L" motley crew. It's all in the attitude your read the posts in. If your defensive then you'll read it as an attack but, if your here to have a good time, get some answers and join the fun then you'll know your bike, and how well you can ride it and have fun. :busted:
You can only read into a post what you are thinking.............You can't see the other side...........You can "L"augh, think or get mad, it's up to you. But, then again I would not know much about this thread sence it's my first post. I am not one to stir the pot.

Posted Image

All About The XR650R: :busted:

VIDEO: :busted:

Whats up B-dub!

I heard you are going to trade your "r" in for a "L"!! Good decision! You need to go hang out with the boys down in I.B.! Maybe they will treat you to a "L"atte!
Tell your wife that was a nice video shot of her doing the no hander! I bet if you ask her nice she will show you how to do it! :banghead:
Take it easy bro!
:banghead:

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted November 03, 2005 - 04:14 AM

Happy, that sounds dangerously like you think there are 2 valid points of view;

You'll never revive a flame war that way!

Dave

damn, your right...

uh....

The "L" is superior to the "R" for uh... dirt racing! yeah that's it! :banghead:

The "R" is best suited as a pit bike to support the "L" at the track.
We wouldn't want our precious "L's" to get all mucky and dirty before the big race! Also, since the "L" goes much faster it has a better airflow around the head to keep it cool and it doesn't need those "designed for slow speed bike" radiators sticking out there to catch on twigs, trees, and pedestrians. If someone would just put a rack together right to go on that "R" it'd make a great grocery and parts getter for those long days hanging out in the pits.

How's that? :banghead:

• XR-Det

Posted November 04, 2005 - 04:13 AM

Ahhh, I neglected my XRL too much - must have been riding my half 4 stroke just too much. After sitting for 2 months it won't start no more :banghead:

But on the other hand since it is a XRL and has this tiny handy button on the handlebar I didn't have to jump around on it like a monkey trying to start it last night :banghead:

The only thing I have to complain about is that my carb drain screw is frozen!!! Time for some maintenance I assume...

Det

• hill5150

Posted November 04, 2005 - 07:23 AM

damn, your right...

uh....

The "L" is superior to the "R" for uh... dirt racing! yeah that's it! :banghead:

The "R" is best suited as a pit bike to support the "L" at the track.
We wouldn't want our precious "L's" to get all mucky and dirty before the big race! Also, since the "L" goes much faster it has a better airflow around the head to keep it cool and it doesn't need those "designed for slow speed bike" radiators sticking out there to catch on twigs, trees, and pedestrians. If someone would just put a rack together right to go on that "R" it'd make a great grocery and parts getter for those long days hanging out in the pits.

How's that? :lol:

:banghead:

• XR650L_Dave

Posted November 04, 2005 - 09:22 AM

It almost worked, HC.

D

• GIANTac1

Posted November 04, 2005 - 04:30 PM

I do have an itch for a new bike.......KTM525? Irondude has the Husky 510 so I can't do that.......CRF450R and a CRF450X then I would take the cam,header,muffler from the "R" and put it on the "X" sup-up the "R" for my son to race and use the "X" for single track/jumping....? I could take the "L" engine and put it in a XR50 for a pit bike!

That would be one bad XR50L! You might want your better half show you how to ride it before you mount it! :banghead:

• justicedone

Posted November 04, 2005 - 08:47 PM

You mean Bitter half ???

lol

• GIANTac1

Posted November 05, 2005 - 11:12 AM

21+ years and major happy. She has never called my any names, has never yelled, gives me what I want, when I want, it and how I want it. She has allways been there when I am in the hospital also. It truely doen't get any better then Her, for me.

Posted Image

All of that and she shows you how to ride :banghead: Seriously, you are a lucky man :banghead:

• XR-Det

Posted November 07, 2005 - 03:42 AM

Man, where are all those BW posts come from now? I don't even get to see them if noone would quote it as fast as he deletes those....

Is the average lifetime of BW posts longer than 5 minutes??

Det

• XR-Det

Posted November 07, 2005 - 08:05 AM

I spent 9 hours in the Hospital yesterday. Something to do with my intestines. I am missing 12 feet of them from a accident in 86'. Major painfull but, it's over now and the morphine has worn off. I would never post on the "XR650L is the best bike in the world" thread. There is no proof! You guys make up all those quotes to frame me!

Hmmm but you just did!! :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wheelnut46

Posted November 26, 2005 - 11:36 AM

Newbie to this forum here. Been lurking and trying to learn as much as possible for a while now. I just bought a used 650L to get back into cycling after being away due to family, sports, and work because I wanted a dual sport that was air cooled for simplicity and durability. I ripped a muscle in my leg playing baseball this summer. It took forever to heal. That's when I decided that the electric start was for me. I'm a pretty big guy so I figured that the 650 was a better bet for road use than a 350 or 400. I can ride it to work (beats 12 MPG in my truck) and the trails without trailering. This bike will handle just about anything I'm going to do to it. I've never heard of anyone breaking one. These points are all debatable but that was my rationale. This thread was going so well (cough) that I thought it would be fun to resurrect it.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted November 26, 2005 - 12:52 PM

why oh why did you breathe new life into the devil?

• Jayzonk

Posted November 26, 2005 - 09:44 PM

Hey dude,
We're pretty exhausted from beating this drum, but it's good to see that the age-old conundrum still cannot be solved. We've hit it from every angle - mechanical, functional, ergonomical, historical, philosophical.....we've done everything! And there's no universal answer.
For me, the answer is having both. I haven't told my wife yet, but I'll likely be adding the R to the garage in the spring. I can't help myself!

• XR-Det

Posted November 27, 2005 - 07:25 AM

Hey dude,
We're pretty exhausted from beating this drum, but it's good to see that the age-old conundrum still cannot be solved. We've hit it from every angle - mechanical, functional, ergonomical, historical, philosophical.....we've done everything! And there's no universal answer.
For me, the answer is having both. I haven't told my wife yet, but I'll likely be adding the R to the garage in the spring. I can't help myself!

No way, you are going to get a 650R????

I was thinking about that too for a moment at some point and then decided CR250R. I have no regrets! That thing is so swirly and gives me now the total choice of whatever I want to ride. The 650 for the multipurpose and slower stuff and the 250 light weight for the more aggressive stuff... OK I have to add that I am only 160lbs and the XR give me quiet a work out ;-) I might would have considered a CRF but didn't want to spend that much money.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted November 28, 2005 - 12:17 PM

I was thinking about that too for a moment at some point and then decided CR250R. I have no regrets! That thing is so swirly and gives me now the total choice of whatever I want to ride. The 650 for the multipurpose and slower stuff and the 250 light weight for the more aggressive stuff... OK I have to add that I am only 160lbs and the XR give me quiet a work out ;-) I might would have considered a CRF but didn't want to spend that much money.

well, being used to the thump of the 650, a crf450 would be the better choice. it would be like going from a boeing 474 to a paper air plain.

• BIGGITY

Posted November 28, 2005 - 12:47 PM

Bummed to say it but sold my 650R about 6 months ago. Regardless for a 29 year old 6 foot 7 250 lb rider that bike was perfect. Completely tricked out and I rode it WFO in the dez, tight woods trails, and also at Carlsbad Raceway and other MX tracks and it handled everything. Helped to have Precision Concepts dial out my suspension. lol. Awesome bike if anyone cares. :applause: :p :ride:

• XR-Det

Posted November 30, 2005 - 05:38 PM

well, being used to the thump of the 650, a crf450 would be the better choice. it would be like going from a boeing 474 to a paper air plain.

WR, don't get me wrong I kept my 650 of course!! The CR is just added. And yes a CR450 would have been perfect but as second bike it was too much $$ that I don't want to spend. Maybe as they get older and lower in price I trade my CR for CRF ;-)

• craft

Posted November 30, 2005 - 05:52 PM

A perfect stable would have them all. CR250R, 650R, and a 650L...All three are very different bikes...CR450F too.

• GIANTac1

Posted November 30, 2005 - 06:03 PM

Hmmm........I have never heard of a boeing 474 :applause: :ride: air PLANE :p

• don87xr600

Posted November 30, 2005 - 06:13 PM

Hmmm........I have never heard of a boeing 474 :applause: :p air PLANE :p

he meant boing 474 :ride:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.