XR650L- Best Bike in the world-

561 replies to this topic
  • Motosprtman

Posted October 31, 2005 - 06:44 AM

OK - as long as this is back up. I am convinced that the XR650L is the BEST dual sport ever made.

• XR-Det

Posted October 31, 2005 - 07:41 AM

That is wayyy funny! What made you guys drag this forum back up? Stirring the pot??

Just couln't let it die :banghead:

• GIANTac1

Posted October 31, 2005 - 05:26 PM

OK - as long as this is back up. I am convinced that the XR650L is the BEST dual sport ever made.

Yes, it is the BEST dual sport ever made :banghead:

• wr450fyamaha

Posted October 31, 2005 - 07:00 PM

please god kill this thread.

• kehale

Posted October 31, 2005 - 07:37 PM

I like the XR6L. I think I want to buy one. Can someone please EXTEND THIS FREAKING THREAD A LITTLE MORE SO I CAN KNOW MORE ABOUT THEM?

[COLOR=Yellow]yah...I was yelling. that's the tourette's talking.[/COLOR]

• XR-Det

Posted November 01, 2005 - 02:19 AM

Well it took a long time but, I read all the post on this thread. I can't believe that some made up false Quotes with my name in them! I would never come over to a "L" thread and stir the pot!!!! :banghead: Never! There are even some having a Famous quote with my name implied!! :banghead: Shame on you guy's. I have allways been real nice to the "L" Guy's

LOL - hey you delete your replies faster than someone can reply to it!! :lol:

hehehe and now you only noticed because I didn't write anything for months... had some other stress going on here.

Det

• motomonte

Posted November 01, 2005 - 03:34 AM

BRP?You should try riding up a trail aboard a beemer(FS650)then hop back into your xr...It's gonna feel soooo light and nimble.Really the best d/s.

• ghoti

Posted November 01, 2005 - 08:09 AM

Seems kinda odd that the R riders are always the ones doubting the manlyness of the L riders. :banghead:

• XR650L_Dave

Posted November 01, 2005 - 10:44 AM

The drop-off jumping and cliff-climbing sounded like my rides back in CT!

I need to find some good terrain like that here in NY...

D

• Motosprtman

Posted November 01, 2005 - 11:27 AM

ya know what makes it hard to ride my old bikes in the woods (although I still do regularly) is one ride on my XRL - I don't wana get off!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kehale

Posted November 01, 2005 - 03:32 PM

Seems kinda odd that the R riders are always the ones doubting the manlyness of the L riders. :banghead:

Because no one can doubt the manly nature of the xr650r? :banghead:

• XR-Det

Posted November 02, 2005 - 03:40 AM

Hmm hmm hmmm, might be worth looking into a "R" ...but I'll wait till I see where WR ends up :lol:

By the way BW, since your last post with all the Starbucks location here in VA Beach I've been checking them out (undercover of course - with my Chevy). Haven't seen any "L"s there yet neither any "R"s but their Caramel Macchiato is pretty good :banghead:

As far as the stress, I have one person less to argue with what bike is better or I could buy :busted: - no nothing bad, just rearranging some "who is living with who" situations :banghead: - so I am happy...

Det

• ghoti

Posted November 02, 2005 - 05:37 AM

Because no one can doubt the manly nature of the xr650r? :banghead:

I guess you have a point there.

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted November 02, 2005 - 06:14 AM

I really don't understand the rivalry between the two, they are both great bikes for their intended purpose, why compare apples to oranges, and claim the orange is a better apple than the apple is? It all seems utterly pointless to me. Get over it already.

Why can’t we all just get along?

*wanders away in exhaust inhaled, marker sniffing, toad licking, euphoric haze* :busted: :banghead: :lol: :banghead: :busted: :busted:

• XR-Det

Posted November 02, 2005 - 10:39 AM

Believe me its not the general "L" riders, its WR and the "R" riders :banghead:

• hill5150

Posted November 02, 2005 - 11:02 AM

I really don't understand the rivalry between the two, they are both great bikes for their intended purpose, why compare apples to oranges, and claim the orange is a better apple than the apple is? It all seems utterly pointless to me. Get over it already.

*wanders away in exhaust inhaled, marker sniffing, toad licking, euphoric haze* :busted: :banghead: :busted: :lol: :lol: :banghead:

:lol: :crazy: :lol: :crazy: :busted: :busted: :crazy:

• Motosprtman

Posted November 02, 2005 - 11:47 AM

and there ya have it.

• XR-Det

Posted November 02, 2005 - 12:45 PM

besides, getting along is just half the fun!!! :banghead:

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted November 02, 2005 - 12:52 PM

*L* i actually prefer they stay together, i rather enjoy watching people argue/banter about the pros/cons of completely different machines. It amuses me

• XR650L_Dave

Posted November 02, 2005 - 03:21 PM

Happy, that sounds dangerously like you think there are 2 valid points of view;

You'll never revive a flame war that way!

Dave

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.