XR650L- Best Bike in the world-

561 replies to this topic
  • justicedone

Posted July 23, 2005 - 10:54 PM

MAN...this thing is still alive?

BUMP !

I thought the title said it all and the dust had settled by now already.

B-Dub, we still ride man, and are doing a border blast tomarrow. Just been doing the jet-ski beach thing lately too, been so hot. I think Corral Canyon is on the horizon again, just wish some of us had trucks to get there (whaaaaaaaa). Its a long day dualing it.

You seem like a good dude... and I know it would be fun to hook up a mellow blast along Mex, or in the Corral. Although the weathers real hot in the hills, the border runs are like 20 degrees cooler !

• ghoti

Posted July 27, 2005 - 12:12 PM

Is this dumb thread done yet :applause: Oops...I guess I just bumped back to the top :p BTW I love my L :eek: :)

• GIANTac1

Posted July 27, 2005 - 01:59 PM

Ha Ha, B-dub :) I could of swore that you had at least 1 post on every page :applause: And here we are, post #409, and the XRL is still "the best bike in the world"!! :eek:
P.s. Wanna ride this weekend?

• marbee

Posted July 28, 2005 - 07:17 PM

Took off this afternoon for a quick ride up to Otay Mtn with my neighbor. Me on the L and him on his Suzi DRZ4. We swapped bikes for a few miles and he says "Dang, takes a real man to ride that thing!" Nuff said.

• Jayzonk

Posted July 28, 2005 - 09:09 PM

So he thinks the L is hard to control?

• XR-Det

Posted August 03, 2005 - 03:22 PM

What?? That was all that happened after I was off a couple weeks? You guys are slacking :D :D

Finally got my computer back online :D

Det

• GIANTac1

Posted August 03, 2005 - 09:22 PM

B-Dub! WOW! Sounds like a gut splitin good time! Too bad no "lattes" made the trip. Glad to hear you and your buds made it back A-O.K.! Wheres the pics.?

• theSWAN

Posted August 05, 2005 - 07:01 AM

Yeah, maybe, maybe not, but that thing will really look rotten outside of Starbucks! Don't park next to me!! :D

who cares all id see is two peices of shit with no radiators!!! :D

• ghoti

Posted August 05, 2005 - 09:44 AM

So I rode my L to starbucks the other day and was sitting outside enjoying my delicious beverage when a young couple pull up in a compact car pulling a trailer with a very nice plated XR650R in it. They get out and the guy is talking to his very attractive companion about his race that day. They go inside to get some drinks a come back out and sit at a table next to me. I overhear their conversation which goes like this.

Joe, we really need to get a pickup, you know we a going to remodel and we will be making a lot of trips to Home Depot. Well Sally, I've been chatting with the guys over at Bajaracertalk.com and I know exactly the truck we need. There's a shop here in town that makes an awesome four wheel drive Baja truck racer. It has something like 600 horsepower, fiberglass body, awesome suspension, it would be the fastest thing on the street. They make a street legal truck? Well, no, it's not street legal, but they sell a kit that makes it legal. Well I guess that would be fun, we could go four wheeling, right? Well we'd have to buy another seat, but yeah we could. But you could drive it to work, right? I need the car and you never ride you Honda because it tears up your knobbies. Oh yeah, I'll drive it unless it's hot, it won't have A/C, oh, and it will need 93 octane or better and will get about 5 miles per gallon. Well as long as we can get our new appliances home in it. Well, the bed isn't real, so you can't really put anything in it. So you can't carry anything in it, it's only made for one person, it won't be comfortable to drive, and will suck gas, that you can't get at a normal gas station, like crazy. Absolutely Sally, it will be awesome. Sounds like another XR650R story to me, Joe. Why can't you ever buy something that's made to do everything good, like that XR650L? Come on Sally, you know I have to have the biggest, baddest vehicle on the road.

• Jayzonk

Posted August 05, 2005 - 11:36 AM

So I was standing in line at St. Peter's Gates in Heaven, and this guy who rode an XR650R was in front of me. St. Peter said, "Guy, what have you done with your life?" And the guy said, "Well, I used to ride my motorbike around in the desert at 100mph, constantly." And St. Peter said, "I don't like liars. No one can do that all the time. With the wind and the dust, that's impossible! [and all you really needed was an L]"

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TimBrp

Posted August 05, 2005 - 12:04 PM

I don't think a 650l can even hit 100. Hmmm.... Heh....

• ghoti

Posted August 05, 2005 - 12:23 PM

I don't think a 650l can even hit 100. Hmmm.... Heh....

Mine hit 110 the last time I went off BWB's cliff :D

• ghoti

Posted August 05, 2005 - 12:37 PM

So I was standing in line at St. Peter's Gates in Heaven, and this guy who rode an XR650R was in front of me. St. Peter said, "Guy, what have you done with your life?" And the guy said, "Well, I used to ride my motorbike around in the desert at 100mph, constantly." And St. Peter said, "I don't like liars. No one can do that all the time. With the wind and the dust, that's impossible! [and all you really needed was an L]"

C'mon St. Peter, you know every XR650R owner is a factory sponsored professional racer :D

• justicedone

Posted August 05, 2005 - 01:42 PM

This shit is plain ol funny now.....

I am NOT a factory sponsored racer, I have all of 0-trophys...I dont even own a truck anymore... I have never even jumped over a house...I own a bike that I think is perfect for what I want. To cruise anywhere,anytime..and has plenty of torque and speed for my own good.

Is it the best bike in the world...

DUH !!!!

• XR650L_Dave

Posted August 05, 2005 - 02:22 PM

Too damn funny, and the thread from hell lives on...

D

• Wheels up

Posted August 05, 2005 - 02:52 PM

Mine will go just a little bit over a hundred if I hold it wide open for 3 days.

Really it will.

• Jayzonk

Posted August 06, 2005 - 05:36 AM

Will it hit 100 if I lay down flat on the seat with my head tucked behind the gas tank? :D

• Jayzonk

Posted August 06, 2005 - 06:02 AM

who cares all id see is two peices of shit with no radiators!!! :D

Hey Swan, my shit's cool enough - it doesn't need a radiator! :D

• frankstr

Posted August 06, 2005 - 06:15 AM

L..... :D

• justicedone

Posted August 06, 2005 - 07:32 AM

Love....not Lame

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.