Posted May 11, 2005 - 06:49 AM

"Because you can!!"

Thank you sir!

• Shakeyhands

Posted May 11, 2005 - 06:54 AM

Simple... read above!

• XR Dude

Posted May 11, 2005 - 07:34 AM

I bought my 05 on Jan 22. Its cold here in North Dakota in Jan-Mar. Just rolled over to 2100 miles last weekend. You should see the looks I get when I ride it to work in the snow. They just don't understand us. I feel bad for them.

• ghoti

Posted May 11, 2005 - 08:42 AM

In June I plan to ride it from my home in Austin, TX to LA, CA and back.

Why would anyone want to ride a dual sport of any kind that far??

I forget the name, but there is a guy who put together a map system to go from Tennessee to Utah, I think, without touching pavement.

• TimBrp

Posted May 11, 2005 - 09:16 AM

Now that would be a nice vacation ghoti....with a chase truck of course...HeH...

• ghoti

Posted May 11, 2005 - 09:25 AM

I love it when dirt clods fall off my L in my parking space at work or a quick glance at the tires reveals cactus thorns poking out everywhere :)

• Motosprtman

Posted May 11, 2005 - 10:50 AM

Man 47,000 miles on a XR650L? how many miles will they go with routine maintenance, frequent oil and air filter changes?

I have 347 on mine and had it since February 22, 2005 (work, work work...)

• jlpskydive

Posted May 11, 2005 - 11:41 AM

I forget the name, but there is a guy who put together a map system to go from Tennessee to Utah, I think, without touching pavement.

There is also this guy. It's got some paved sections, but hey it's a Dual Sport!!

Long Ride, but looks like allot of fun. :)

• Quigley

Posted May 11, 2005 - 11:55 AM

THIS GUY actually rode through the U.S on a 650L using that trail system. :D
Look, it all comes down to this, the XR650L is a Dual Sport bike that's the best on the market right now, Factoy or Non Factory, nothing can compete with it, the DRZ lacks the cubic inches, bottom torque, and top end, the XR "R" means you'll be carrying oil in your backpack and consuming twice the fuel as the "L", and the KTM RFS's require valve adjustments and oil changes every 15hrs, with top end tear downs every 60hrs, the LC4 (SXC) is no longer offered and like all Euro bikes, lacks dealer support (but it's a sweet bike), and other Factory Dual Sports just suck ass. :)
XR650L is still king, and flaunting that your Baja Racer is better than a Factory Dual Sport, because it's liquid cooled or has more power, automatically qualifies you as a moron :D, because they're two different classes, Baja Racer and Factory Dual Sport. Ill be getting mine soon. :)

• ghoti

Posted May 11, 2005 - 12:09 PM

There is also this guy. It's got some paved sections, but hey it's a Dual Sport!!

Long Ride, but looks like allot of fun. :)

This is the one I was thinking of...who's got a couple of months with nothing top do?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • D36 Transplant

Posted May 11, 2005 - 02:25 PM

There are people out there who really truely believe that a Ford Pinto is the best car ever built too.

If you like your "L" right on, it will get you down to Starbucks and back without working up too much of a sweat.

By the way when did Honda start calling it a XR650L anyway, it has always been a XL650 to me and the warped world I live in?

If it is [COLOR=DarkRed]RED [/COLOR] it's all good!

• jlpskydive

Posted May 11, 2005 - 03:00 PM

There are people out there who really truely believe that a Ford Pinto is the best car ever built too.

If you like your "L" right on, it will get you down to Starbucks and back without working up too much of a sweat.

By the way when did Honda start calling it a XR650L anyway, it has always been a XL650 to me and the warped world I live in?

If it is [COLOR=DarkRed]RED [/COLOR] it's all good!

Great knew a Troll would come along sometime didn't figure it would be a newb though. 2 weeks on a bike and all of a sudden he's an expert. :D If he thinks that the L is just a commuter bike I like to see him ride with TC (BTW That means Tourture Chambers) on the bike of his choice and TC on his L. I'll take that crap from Quad and BWB and Jack, they can outride me on anything. My L, love it and it will go anywhere. Sometimes just very slowly, but that's mostly my fault. :) Oh and BTW STFU newbie. :)

• jlpskydive

Posted May 11, 2005 - 03:18 PM

:worthy: :D :D ;) :crazy: :worthy: :D

It wasn't me but, I think someone went out and got a new ID just to Hi Jack this thread.

:worthy: :worthy: :mad: :( :D :D :D :D :D

Maybe Irondude has been reincarnated!!! :D :D :crazy: It's not but, I hope that he does.

It is a district 36 rider that transplanted to ????

Man I really thought it was one of you. :eek: I did do a search of his post and they have been around for a few days. :) I know I souldn't have taken the bait, but the Pinto comment sealed the deal. :)

• PowerCell

Posted May 11, 2005 - 03:24 PM

Friends don't let friends ride L's...

:) :D :) :D :worthy: :D :D :D ;) :crazy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :mad: :( :D :D :D :D :D :crazy: :eek: :D :D :D :) :D :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• XR-Det

Posted May 11, 2005 - 03:27 PM

Friends don't let friends ride L's... :)

I totally agree, I would never borrow my XRL to my friend :D :)

• jlpskydive

Posted May 11, 2005 - 03:29 PM

Friends don't let friends ride L's... :)

And your in the Honda forum why?? Oh to find out what like riding a bike that doesn't need maintinace every day feels like vicariously though us. :D It's OK you can stay.

• jlpskydive

Posted May 11, 2005 - 03:34 PM

I totally agree, I would never borrow my XRL to my friend :) :D

I do, you can't break them and if you do the parts are readly available and cheap. :)

• PowerCell

Posted May 11, 2005 - 03:47 PM

:) :D :) Just bustin' your chops guys... and yes, I do own a couple of R's... but nothin' rides like a berg... :D

• PowerCell

Posted May 11, 2005 - 04:12 PM

The 2004 FE650e's been amazingly solid. No more maintenance than my 2003 KTM 525MX/c and just as reliable (very). I ride it down Mexico way about once a month. The only time it's given me any grief was when I smoked the Reklus auto clutch... but she still got me back to Tecate... :)

• jlpskydive

Posted May 11, 2005 - 04:31 PM

The 2004 FE650e's been amazingly solid. No more maintenance than my 2003 KTM 525MX/c and just as reliable (very). I ride it down Mexico way about once a month. The only time it's given me any grief was when I smoked the Reklus auto clutch... but she still got me back to Tecate... :)

OK Di&k head you have toooooo many bikes and TOOOOOOOO much money. Out of the pool only the poor people can play now. :D :) :D :worthy:

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.