XR650L- Best Bike in the world-

561 replies to this topic
  • TimBrp

Posted June 16, 2005 - 03:02 AM

A DR650. Overweight hunk of junk. I had a buddy that rode one...I pity the fool.

• XR-Det

Posted June 16, 2005 - 03:40 AM

"Those old guys were always warning us about injuries to ankels, legs, and stuff if you should loose the grip because the irons would hold and twist your feet."

Cant confirm pole spike ,but I am a tree man I can say a tree spur stuck in a soft tree will pull muscles and twist up bones. :)

I tried those once here when I had to top off a tree in my back yard, man I didn't feel safe with those at all. I kept slipping because I didn't get them deep enough in that old bark. I have now another huge tree to cut but I think this time I call someone... :)

• frankstr

Posted June 16, 2005 - 04:57 AM

Joker650, Your in a Suzuki clan with your Suzuki buddys, thats why you don't see any XR's, Plus them Suzukis have a hard time keepin up with our BRP's.. :)

• panaceabeachbum

Posted June 16, 2005 - 06:10 AM

Hmm..... that statement is funny, kinda makes me laugh.

The bikes that are mostly used up here are drz400's, DR650's, 640 ktm's and KLR650's.

I find it strange that the " Best bike on the market" is always IN the market rather than IN the dirt. :)

The honda XRs are right there in front of you, probably just hard to see them thru all the dust their kickin' in your face. Didnt see any dr650s or Klr 650s in the baja 500 results, whats that say ??

• GIANTac1

Posted June 16, 2005 - 07:56 AM

I have good bud who rolls a '05 dr650. Great bike for the kind of riding he does,light dirt/street. The aftermarket parts availability just plain sucks.

• XR-Det

Posted June 16, 2005 - 08:08 AM

Does Suzuki still make a DR650??? Never ever seen one at the dealers or in the classifieds. My friend has the 350 but that is from the 90s :)

I might be exotic here on the east coast with my XR650 but a DR650 never crossed my way here.... not even at Starbucks :)

• XR650L_Dave

Posted June 16, 2005 - 09:13 AM

BW, you slam a type of riding people like to do, and that makes it personal.

I don't hear myself whining, and I sure hope no one else is.

The way you keep going on it sounds like you want to make this more personal. Sounds like you got the manhood-issue, pal.

D

• GIANTac1

Posted June 16, 2005 - 12:52 PM

http://i5.photobucke...C1/IMG_0163.jpg
pretty much a xr680r..... doubt yours is faster!

• GIANTac1

Posted June 16, 2005 - 04:04 PM

The flames add an extra 10hp! :)

• hill5150

Posted June 16, 2005 - 05:49 PM

BW, you slam a type of riding people like to do, and that makes it personal.

I don't hear myself whining, and I sure hope no one else is.

The way you keep going on it sounds like you want to make this more personal. Sounds like you got the manhood-issue, pal.

D

:) :) :D Who's the one crying, re "L" ax......................... :D :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jayzonk

Posted June 17, 2005 - 01:35 PM

I knew one guy in town that had a DRZ650 - big dumb Swede that couldn't keep a job. Thought the DRZ was a good bike. :)
Hopes this help clear things up!
BTW, not all Swedes are dumb...just this guy.

• Jayzonk

Posted June 17, 2005 - 01:38 PM

By the way Borynack, your wife's a total babe, if you don't mind me saying. :) Does she ride the big R too? :D
I'd hate to see the kind of chicks those DRZ guys get. :)

• Jayzonk

Posted June 17, 2005 - 01:42 PM

I just noticed something: there's two L's in inteLLigent, and no R's!

• XR-Det

Posted June 17, 2005 - 04:57 PM

Hmmm Jayzonk has to keep up, three posts in a row :) after a long silence...

BW makes posters of wife and bike... and Dave is leaving his own thread??

hm hm hm...

• frankstr

Posted June 17, 2005 - 05:50 PM

I just noticed something: there's two L's in inteLLigent, and no R's!

XR650L 05'
anti bling motorcycling

I would not waste my time with the bling factor on the "L" either due to the fact it'll still look "L"ame.....and comes in "L"ast.......... :)
I like my R, and really the L's have there place.....

• GIANTac1

Posted June 17, 2005 - 08:58 PM

O.k. he"R"o :) If your "R" is so bad ass, and so are you, why not race it? Thats what its for, right? Or are you what B-dub would label as a pose"R"?
The "L" is lame and last, and I "L"IKE it :) So you can be the coole"R" guy alright, nobody trying to take that from you :D BLING,BLING :D

• GIANTac1

Posted June 17, 2005 - 10:33 PM

I definetly had a Vision Gator and Alva Dagger(mini), was I the best skater, fffffffk no. I also didnt run my mouth claiming to be, as the kid with the K-Mart special proceeded to thrash the ramp.
Its like the kid who talked trash about being the toughest, then got his ass handed to him.
Been there before! I dont like losing my teeth anymore, Im content in my place here, no midlife crisis for me......yet!

• justicedone

Posted June 18, 2005 - 07:49 AM

Is that pic the dude who was "Cowboy" ....in that lame "Y." "M." "C." "A." Band?

I dont get it?

Or maybe it was an old Skeletor cartoon...I Dunno

I just worked a 20hr, straight shift and I am off to get some rest..Im seriously losing it!

• justicedone

Posted June 18, 2005 - 07:51 AM

btw

true happiness would be found by selling that nifty R (thats too fast for ya) and going the "hair plug" route...

he he

• justicedone

Posted June 18, 2005 - 07:52 AM

Dont get all agro and mad :) (truth hurts?) just jokin' round....

LOL !!!! :)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.