crash report

1 reply to this topic
  • mikezilla

Posted May 09, 2005 - 05:36 PM

So, I was out riding this past weekend. Still seem to be struggling a little after coming from the Quads. Well, I was in kind of a tighter section of the trail, in second gear going pretty slow, but just not slow enough. Went to stab the rear brake while entering a turn and missed it. Well, this big ole tree decided to slow me down. Didn't seem to hit it very hard, but enough to give me a good thump. Just missed the front tire and the tree caught the upper triple clamp and the handlebars. Well, I though everything was still good, the bike was still running and I was still upright. As I pulled the bike back to ride off, I really smelled GAS! Seems when I thumped the tree, it split my tank from the front outside all the way to the mounting braket on the inside. I had almost a full tank of gas in this thing and the motor was pretty hot. So I turned the bike on its side to let the gas run out without having it pour all over the motor. It sure was a frantic moment for me hoping this whole mess would just go up in flames. After most of the gas ran out of the tank, I decided to ride the bike back to the truck. Well I managed to make it the last 3 mile to the truck. Well, does anyone have a stock tank for a 96 XR600R that they would like to sell or a good aftermaket brand???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • slepe67

Posted March 05, 2007 - 04:50 PM

you ever find a tank? I got one stock red, 2000 XR600R

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.