Squeaky chain

4 replies to this topic
  • Red4x4neck

Posted May 09, 2005 - 05:21 PM

Yes I have lubed the chain :) (multiple times
I just recently replaced the rear wheel bearings and seals

I still get squeky noise when I am riding partial throttle and it seems more pronounced when decelerating. I have a 48 tooth rear and I cant remember the front count.
I have looked at the chain guides and there are definite grooves where the chain rides and I am wonder if this may be what is causing the rolling squeak?
Suggestions?

Rob

• big t

Posted May 09, 2005 - 07:40 PM

I think I have the same noise you're talking about. It sounds like its coming from the counter shaft sprocket on mine. I don't see anything wrong on mine so I'm not worried about it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BWB63

Posted May 09, 2005 - 08:19 PM

Have you guy's greased the swing-arm & linkage bearings? Honda ships theses bikes with nothing more then a film of grease at best in all the bearings, streering stem also. Has been a major problem for lot's of BRP

• frankstr

Posted May 09, 2005 - 08:43 PM

Is the axle adjustment sqaured from the swing arm bolt, I know on my bike the marks for the rear axle adjustments are not exactly correct.. :D
I measure from the swing arm bolt center to axle center, that way your chain is alighned correctly with the front sprocket to the back... :)

• big t

Posted May 09, 2005 - 10:14 PM

I have re-greased everything on mine. I know the chain alignment is close but I will double check it. I can only hear mine when I let off and its not that bad.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.