White shrouds

12 replies to this topic
  • Goosedog

Posted May 09, 2005 - 03:14 PM

Trashed my factory shrouds last week and so decided to replace them with white Acerbis, I think it kinda keeps the blue and white thing going even more. What-da-ya think?

Posted Image

• 642MX

Posted May 09, 2005 - 03:41 PM

Whatever you like man. I'll keep my blue shrouds.

• 426Hurricane

Posted May 09, 2005 - 05:27 PM

....No

• 2001YZF426Rider

Posted May 09, 2005 - 05:36 PM

lol well............. all i can say is.. GRAPHICS!

• Crabtree426

Posted May 09, 2005 - 06:53 PM

It will look cool with some graphics or blue Yamaha stickers. I just put the 3.3 gallon Acerbis tank on my bike. It's the natural color, looks kind of mean.

• 02YZ426

Posted May 09, 2005 - 07:07 PM

I think if you find the right graphic kit, the bike will look real good with the white shrouds. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WheelsUp

Posted May 09, 2005 - 07:15 PM

I'm putting the XGX US Flag graphics on my WR250... no white available for it though, just blue and black :)

• Goosedog

Posted May 10, 2005 - 03:09 AM

I don't care about graphics on a dirtbike, they just come off eventually. I think this way it has a certain old-school look to it anyway. I might just put a couple of blue Yamaha emblems where the factory ones were near the top corner of the shroud though, thanks for that idea Crabtree.

• 2001YZF426Rider

Posted May 10, 2005 - 02:15 PM

Sorry to hijack but what color is the natural tank?¿?¿

• WheelsUp

Posted May 10, 2005 - 05:32 PM

Kinda translucent white... it'll be wizz yellow in a couple of years :)

• Crabtree426

Posted May 10, 2005 - 06:54 PM

I don't care about graphics on a dirtbike, they just come off eventually. I think this way it has a certain old-school look to it anyway. I might just put a couple of blue Yamaha emblems where the factory ones were near the top corner of the shroud though, thanks for that idea Crabtree.

Goosedog
I have the round tuning fork emblems that you're talking about on my bike. I was referring to the stickers that say Yamaha. They come cut out and in blue. I haven't put them on yet but I think they're 8" long. I found them on Yamaha's web page. They may be cool looking on the white plastic.

• Goosedog

Posted May 10, 2005 - 07:16 PM

Goosedog
I have the round tuning fork emblems that you're talking about on my bike. I was referring to the stickers that say Yamaha. They come cut out and in blue. I haven't put them on yet but I think they're 8" long. I found them on Yamaha's web page. They may be cool looking on the white plastic.

Got a picture or a link?

• Crabtree426

Posted May 13, 2005 - 08:35 AM

Got a picture or a link?

I'll have to look on Yamaha motor corp. to see if they are still on there. I had my local dealer order them. As for a picture, I haven't put my bike back together yet but plan to this weekend. I'll look and keep you posted.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.