Clutch grind nightmare!

3 replies to this topic
  • XRGUY79

Posted May 09, 2005 - 01:16 PM

I have a 2003 XR650r, one day I dropped the bike and noticed an oil leak. Turns out the clutch cover cracked. So I repaired it with some jb weld, on sunday I was riding and I heard this really loud noise. Somthing let go in the clutch, After taking it apart I found one of the clutch centers post had let go. I think one of the bolts came loose and hit the cover causing the post to snap off. It left a mess of shavings in the engine. Im really worried about my engine now as its full of magnisum shavings from my clutch cover getting ground to crap by the bolt hitting it . I took the engine case apart on the rt side and flushed oil through the bottom of the engine and cleaned the strainer. Please let me know if you think there is other things that I should clean before putting it all back together. I have a few days before I get my parts.

Everyone check your clutch bolts haha, its saves alot of trouble!,

• frankstr

Posted May 09, 2005 - 02:03 PM

Sorry to hear the bad news, But it sounds like a fluke mishap, Have you been into the clutch before, How much time do you have on the bike..
Maybe use the blue locktite in the bolts.......

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • captb

Posted May 09, 2005 - 07:13 PM

May be a good idea to clean the downtube oil screen.

• XRGUY79

Posted May 10, 2005 - 04:32 PM

Thanks guys, well Im cleaning the down tube screen for sure, and the engine too, blue loctite will be used, and I will pray it never happens again :)
and that my motor is okay!

Related Content

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 4 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.