Kickstand on yz426? anyone have 1

10 replies to this topic
  • Maximus86

Posted May 09, 2005 - 10:57 AM

Hey guys-i've been looking for a bolt-on side-stand for my 426 but can't find any-can someone point me in the right direction-thanks

i'm in the process of making it street-legal.

thanks

• wardy27

Posted May 09, 2005 - 11:07 AM

try steely.com they trail tech for 89.00 or pro billit for 149...i just picked up the trail tech ,,so far I'm happy with it.

• BC61

Posted May 09, 2005 - 11:09 AM

Kickstand
A little pricey but a very nice product. I don't have one but have seen a few on bikes. It would be my kickstand of choice.

• slappie

Posted May 09, 2005 - 12:00 PM

My brother has a Pro-Moto Billet on his 426 and I have one on my 450.

They are great. Sturdy, well built and trick as heck.

The spring is internal and is very strong. We ride trails and also a lot of MX tracks and it never flips down or even bounces at all.

I'd recommend it 100%.

• lewisyz426

Posted May 09, 2005 - 12:23 PM

I saw a pro moto billet kick stand on ebay this is how you find it. if you want to try and win one type in yz 426 at the end of the listing there is a guy selling two titanium exhaust system he is in idaho go to his other items at the bottom of his item list there is the kick stand i think it's at 20.50 right now there is 6 days left on it though p.s. i have the same kick stand very nice and has a good look hope this helps

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simimi

Posted May 09, 2005 - 01:11 PM

I bought the Trailtech (http://www.trailtech...kickstand_1.htm) for my 1998 YZ400f. I am happy with it, but as I am 200lbs+ I do not stand on it to kick the bike over.

I was even able to trim my Works Aluminum frame guards so that they fit also,

Mike

• mx426

Posted May 09, 2005 - 02:15 PM

Another vote for the Trailtech.

• ArmyGuy

Posted May 09, 2005 - 05:49 PM

I bought a Trailtech stand and my first ride the pivot bolt snapped off clean at the threads ( its aluminium) i got a steel bolt and red locktite'd it on and its been rock solid though alot of abuse ( i sometimes kickstart my YZ400 on it.

• vanisland

Posted May 09, 2005 - 07:47 PM

I have a Trailtech and also changed the pivot bolt to a steel one.
Aluminum one snapped. I've had no problems with it since.

• ovrrdrive

Posted May 10, 2005 - 12:30 AM

I also have a Trailtech that the bolt snapped off on...

It's a nice product and is well made, but it sounds like they need a stronger bolt in them. I never kickstart mine with my weight on it either. But when it broke I was in a hurry and kicked it with it down and even though I had both feet on the ground my weight shifted enough to it and it snapped clean off.

Trailtech guarantees it to be strong enough to kick the bike on it, but I guess they tested it with 5 year old girls or something...

Still a nice product and I recommend it.

• RJB

Posted May 10, 2005 - 01:53 PM

My brother has a Pro-Moto Billet on his 426 and I have one on my 450.

They are great. Sturdy, well built and trick as heck.

The spring is internal and is very strong. We ride trails and also a lot of MX tracks and it never flips down or even bounces at all.

I'd recommend it 100%.

I'm with him - got one and have never looked back. If you use the Acerbis frame guards, you'll certainly have to trim the left one a bit. Well made and never had a problem with mine :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.