glass lense PN and model?

3 replies to this topic
  • Baja Rudy

Posted May 09, 2005 - 08:14 AM

does anyone know what is the GLASS lense (headlight) PN and what bike, model and year does it come from?

I'm trying to order it on-line but unless I have this info I'm not able to place the order. :)

• JackAttack

Posted May 09, 2005 - 08:21 AM

You can significantly improve the lighting by purchasing the Honda glass lens from your Honda dealer (Honda PN# 33123-MK2-671) for as little as $22 depending on the discount your dealer gives you. This glass lens simply replaces your stock plastic light assembly and it accepts a H3 bulb. The connectors from the stock plastic headlight assembly are different, so you'll need to buy some new connectors to mate with the H3 bulb, but you can get these at Walmart, Autozone, etc. The only thing left to do is to buy a $5 H3 bulb at your favorite auto parts store or even at Walmart. The rubber boot on the back of your stock plastic lens will fit over the new glass lens with some coaxing, but it's a tighter fit. The stock stator will work fairly well with this setup and you'll be much happier with the improved lighting. At idle, the light will be a bit dim, but once you crack the throttle, the light will get to full brightness very soon. If you want full brightness at idle, then you'll either need to rewind your stator for more power or send it out to have it rewound or buy a higher output stator. Rewinding the stator is pretty easy to do if you like projects, have the time and are inclined to do so. Here's a link to more info in rewinding the stator if this interests you. Ricky Stator sells a complete bolt in high output stator for $150 at the following link http://www.rickystat...R650stator.html

I did a search and came up with this. I got mine at Service Honda. :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR250rdr

Posted May 09, 2005 - 10:13 AM

I got mine from Service Honda too.

• Baja Rudy

Posted May 09, 2005 - 12:08 PM

thanks guys I just ordered mine from bike bandit...price was $29+

Related Content

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.