Rear sprocket help

11 replies to this topic
  • rushfan

Posted May 09, 2005 - 05:42 AM

I was thinking about going up a few teeth on the rear sprocket of my 05 wr450 and was wondering what some of you guys are using. I hear Iron man is one of the best but a little pricey. Maybe some feed back on the Renthal,Tag or Talon sprockets would be helpful. :)

• Ga426owner

Posted May 09, 2005 - 06:03 AM

I was thinking about going up a few teeth on the rear sprocket of my 05 wr450 and was wondering what some of you guys are using. I hear Iron man is one of the best but a little pricey. Maybe some feed back on the Renthal,Tag or Talon sprockets would be helpful. :)

Forget those brands - they do not last. Buy Ironman Stainless front and rear and a new chain - the best for the money and with the oring you WR owners use it will last and last and last.....they have a replacement guarantee :D

Also I love Rush!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

• xr600r

Posted May 09, 2005 - 06:14 AM

I've been using the iron man sprockets for about a year now, and they still look brand new. i'm not so sure about the regina chain they sold me though. its not looking to good. i'm wondering if it will hurt the sprockets if i just replace the chain.

• rushfan

Posted May 09, 2005 - 06:21 AM

I had a feeling the Ironman would be in the lead!!! :)

• Texas4play

Posted May 09, 2005 - 06:21 AM

Tag is good also

• cprems

Posted May 09, 2005 - 06:37 AM

IronMan Front and Rear sprockets and a decent chain. I race 2 whole seasons on my '02 CRF450 (No flames please) with NO signs of wear on the rear sprocket. I did have to replace the front sprocket after approx 14 months. They offer an unconditional 1 year guarantee, definitely worth every penny.

Ian

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rushfan

Posted May 09, 2005 - 08:36 AM

Thanks for the help. Now I need it decide on a good O ring chain.

• BajaFool

Posted May 09, 2005 - 09:40 AM

I have 3,000 miles on my stock DID chain, original front sprocket and a Yamaha rear sprocket that is two teeth bigger than stock. There is no (zero, zip, none, nada) hooking of the sprocket teeth so far. The larger Yamaha rear sprocket was about the same price, as after market sprockets that I priced (there's a good guy discount in this equation). I would highly recommend DID oring chain and Yamaha sprockets.

• DeltaT

Posted May 09, 2005 - 01:53 PM

I agree with BajaFool - the 52-tooth Yamaha sprocket is cheap and if you haven't worn out the other stock stuff, why toss it aside already? I remember the sprocket as being about half the price of aftermarket pieces. The 2 teeth made a noticeable difference, too. 2nd is low enough for everything but the tightest stuff, and when it's that tight, I appreciate the lower first.

Jim

• rushfan

Posted May 09, 2005 - 03:33 PM

Thanks guys for all of the advise. :)

• kirkw

Posted May 10, 2005 - 08:56 AM

I have had the font and rear Ironman's, with a DID Xring for over a year and lots of hard miles. Was looking over the weekend and they literally look like I just put them on a ride or two ago. Very impressive. As for stock, I had teeth missing on the front and rear. These Ironman's seem to hold up as well as many said when I read the postings....

• Bamster

Posted May 10, 2005 - 10:07 AM

Why not just go down one tooth on the front? :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.