What happened?? SUMMARY

25 replies to this topic
  • dabeyta3

Posted May 08, 2005 - 02:59 PM

What happened is everyone has there own opinion. Some people want a XR650L because they want a great all around bike thats street legal. Some want a XR650R because they need a little extra power and don't care for the street. Others say the 650R has better suspension and weighs less. Most say the XR650L is more comfortable, and easier to start. Whatever your opinion if you want a good all around bike go with the 650L. If you want a crazy race bike go with 650R or better yet the CRF450!!! :)

• August

Posted May 08, 2005 - 03:15 PM

Whatever your opinion if you want a good all around bike go with the 650L. If you want a crazy race bike go with 650R or better yet the CRF450 or even maybe the YZF450!!!!!

Ohh Brother....
:)

• PowerCell

Posted May 08, 2005 - 04:29 PM

As ugly as that post got, I do believe it brought up some valid points... is it time to split the forum???

• frankstr

Posted May 08, 2005 - 05:59 PM

As ugly as that post got, I do believe it brought up some valid points... is it time to split the forum???

:) :D :)

• TimBrp

Posted May 09, 2005 - 03:18 AM

Split the forum? Us pig lovers are like a brotherhood. I look at this forum and see sometimes 20+ people viewing it. I'd say it grew from one of the smallest forums to on of the largest on TT just recently. Split it? Are you nuts.

• ponq

Posted May 09, 2005 - 07:11 AM

I don't think it needs to be split, but I do hate trying to figure out which bike I'm reading about when a post is so generalized (ex. what is the best exhaust for my pig?)

Please put what bike you have in your signature, it would help me out a lot.

Or clarify what bike you have in the title.

• YZFnwithme

Posted May 09, 2005 - 07:41 AM

I got my 2000 XR650R in Dec. '04 and have been reading this forum ever since. I find it extremely useful and I appreciate all the great info. that is shared free of charge. Being a thumper newb, I don't find many opportunities to contribute, but I know from experience on other forums that I'll contribute more as I gain experience with the bike.

Being new to this forum, I can't speak to the specific changes that have occurred, but it sounds like the same sort of evolution that I've witnessed on other sites. Many forums start out with a core group of very knowledgable contributers, then rapidly grow to the point where the original group can no longer control the discussion. Based on my experience, it's an inevitable consequence of success.

I can identify with the forum vets who feel like they've lost something. My best advice is to do what I do - read what interests you and ignore the rest. If someone has a really basic question, let someone else answer it. If someone cops an attitude over one of your posts, just let it go (most of us can recognize a stupid post when we read it - you don't need to respond).

Bottom-line: This is a great forum undergoing normal growing pains. Hopefully our best contributors don't give up on it.

• Rokatt88

Posted May 09, 2005 - 08:27 AM

I've wondered why they lump the 2 bikes together in the same forum from the beginning. It's not like a CRF450-250R/X or YZ/WR450-250 commonality. Truly apples and oranges.

Maybe they could move the 650L's into the DRZ forum... :)

• JackAttack

Posted May 09, 2005 - 08:34 AM

:D :D :worthy:

• XR-Det

Posted May 09, 2005 - 08:56 AM

Maybe they could move the 650L's into the DRZ forum... :D

Ehy!! :) :D

Then I would have bought a DRZ!!! My "L" is still red and I am proud of it :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ghoti

Posted May 09, 2005 - 09:27 AM

I've wondered why they lump the 2 bikes together in the same forum from the beginning. It's not like a CRF450-250R/X or YZ/WR450-250 commonality. Truly apples and oranges.

The XR600R and the XR650L share, frame, head and cases among other parts. The XR600R won many Bajas before the water buffalo Xr650R came along. Whay the bigotry? Do the "experts" need a forum to debate the benefits of running 11 psi as apposed to 12psi in their rear tires? Where else would a newb ask a question? When I need advice I ussually seek the most experienced person to ask.

• MotoGoalie

Posted May 09, 2005 - 10:05 AM

The Hell!

All that post did was reinforce the fact that getting 'C's in grammar is NOT OK. :)

• JackAttack

Posted May 09, 2005 - 10:15 AM

All that post did was reinforce the fact that getting 'C's in grammar is NOT OK. :D

:) :worthy: :D

• PowerCell

Posted May 09, 2005 - 10:21 AM

Well, the similarities between the R's and L's is almost non-existant. But I believe the biggest seperation is the type of rider... I'll leave that interpretation to someone else! :)

• Quigley

Posted May 09, 2005 - 11:14 AM

The Hell!

All that post did was reinforce the fact that getting 'C's in grammar is NOT OK. :)

Why have you surrounded your C with possessive apostrophe's?, you should have used quotation marks. Learn to speak English!!! :D

• jlpskydive

Posted May 09, 2005 - 11:42 AM

Why have you surrounded your C with possessive apostrophe's?, you should have used quotation marks. Learn to speak English!!! :)

You just did the same thing. It's apostrophes. Not the possessive apostrophe's. :D :)

• MotoGoalie

Posted May 09, 2005 - 12:11 PM

Why have you surrounded your C with possessive apostrophe[COLOR=DarkOrchid]'[/COLOR]s[COLOR=DarkRed]?,[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]y[/COLOR]ou should have used quotation marks. Learn to speak English![COLOR=Magenta]!![/COLOR] :)

Clown! I did in fact receive (i before e nonsense) 'B's in said classwork. :D

Besides, I might question your punctuation and grammar in similar light.

• BWB63

Posted May 09, 2005 - 12:23 PM

Well, I guess the point is I can't spell...... Because I was out "R"acing instead of "L"earning. :) :D :)

• Quigley

Posted May 09, 2005 - 12:36 PM

Dude, wicked wicked comeback. :)

• Quigley

Posted May 09, 2005 - 12:39 PM

LEARN ENGLISH!!!! :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.