question for members w/ XR650l FMF or Yosh pipes

5 replies to this topic
  • fuct

Posted May 08, 2005 - 02:50 AM

I've seen several members with FMF and Yoshimura complete systems on their XR650L. FMF and Yoshimura does not list headers for the "L". How are you guys making it fit? Are you moding headers from a XR600?

• michaeln

Posted May 08, 2005 - 05:08 AM

XR600R aftermarket headers fit the XR650L perfectly.

• fuct

Posted May 08, 2005 - 08:46 PM

Thanks for the info Michael. Now I just have to decide Q2 w/ Power Bomb or a RS-3 system.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • StreetThumper650

Posted May 08, 2005 - 09:07 PM

i put the pro circuit t-4 on my 650l and it added alot of bottom end but they dont make the headers for it. I looked at the Yoshi but one of my buddys who works at the honda shop said a xr600 system isnt set up for the same compression that the 650 pipes are but i dont think it realy matters if you put the 600 pipe on it there should be some way to adjust it if it has plates ect.

• mgs781

Posted May 09, 2005 - 04:46 AM

Yosh headers from a XR600R do not fit the L without modification. The headers contact the frame oil drain bolt. I had to make a flat in the pipe to get it to fit correctly. Another guy had to do this as well.

Does anyone have a picture of the new FMF Q2 installed on a L? I am thinking about up grading, but I am not sure how it will look. The yosh RS3 exhaust I have now is small but loud. And the TEC inserts really effect the power.

• fuct

Posted May 09, 2005 - 07:48 PM

Thanks for the input guys. Really hate to pound on the pipes for fit so I think I'll be ordering the Q2 w/ powerbomb. Hope it will go on without any mods. I'll post some pics and feedback when I get'em.

Related Content

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.