recommended new grips???

32 replies to this topic
  • wardy27

Posted May 09, 2005 - 05:37 PM

spiders

• Crabtree426

Posted May 09, 2005 - 06:29 PM

i prefer the renthal dual-compound half waffle grips. they last forever.

I just picked up my first pair, they seem nice. I always liked Scott grips.

• Whitey

Posted November 10, 2005 - 01:56 PM

Spider grips on my wr250f great grips, the Girlfriend just bought her and the boy a pair of whiteknuckle grips for each there bikes they look and feel nice and only $9.95 priced to sell. I am going to run a pair on Ol Blue and see how they work

• Reyndogg

Posted November 10, 2005 - 01:59 PM

ODI - no glue, no safety wire :applause:

• Ga426owner

Posted November 10, 2005 - 02:17 PM

What grips would you recommend for my 2004 Yz 450f, that tend to create the least amount of blisters, and raw hands?? My stock grips are worn out, and I want to upgrade. Are the gel type effective? or is that a marketing gimmick?? Also do softer or harder style grips tend to create more blister??/ Let me know your experience. Don

:applause:

I have found for me that softer grips cause me more blisters....I do not know why....I guess I grip too hard with them. I use Renthal medium or currently hard compound grips. I rarely get any blisters now.....I can not explain this.... :ride:

• ISBB

Posted November 10, 2005 - 04:51 PM

Pro Grips Half waffle.. :applause: i love em so far... just dont use too much grip glue.. i found that out the hard way what it will do to your throttle tube... :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ride yzf all the way

Posted November 10, 2005 - 04:59 PM

scott they are the best i think

• kizzle426

Posted November 10, 2005 - 05:30 PM

Until today this thread was 6 months old. Who managed to dig it up? Oh yeah......Renthal medium.

• ARin

Posted November 10, 2005 - 06:42 PM

spider....period. longest lasting, most comfortable grips made.

http://www.planetbla.../showtell/3.jpg

• kawirider

Posted November 10, 2005 - 07:47 PM

I have some spiders on my 125 and on my dads 250F. The only thing I have to grip about them is when I change out of my riding gear, and I am just having one last go on the trails without my gloves, I tend to have little black pieces of rubber on my hand! :applause: No thats really the only bad thing about them. They will turn your gloves black too.

• mmxr650r

Posted November 10, 2005 - 08:03 PM

I know you have a Yammi, but you might want to try the Honda, stock '05 CRF450R grips...You can pick them up for a great price, through the TT OEM store...and they work great...(although, you might have to "exacto knife" the Honda logo off the ends, to avoid a "hard time" from Yammi "die hards")...

What grips would you recommend for my 2004 Yz 450f, that tend to create the least amount of blisters, and raw hands?? My stock grips are worn out, and I want to upgrade. Are the gel type effective? or is that a marketing gimmick?? Also do softer or harder style grips tend to create more blister??/ Let me know your experience. Don

:applause:

• aedwards07

Posted November 11, 2005 - 05:11 PM

Spyder Grips here.Best I have found yet.

• Vibeguy

Posted November 13, 2005 - 11:02 PM

I have fallen in love with the MSR Dominator dual density grips. They are a half waffle design with small gell diamonds on the non waffle part. I went out and bought enough pairs for all my bikes plus 3 sets for spares. The only down side I've noticed is that they are easily damaged in a fall compared to some of the other grips I've tried. Still, their comfort and feel are worth it to me.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.