Woods mods for a 2000 yz426 ??

12 replies to this topic
  • jb peterson

Posted May 06, 2005 - 02:47 PM

I want to ride my YZ426F in the woods and not the MX track. What mods should I do??? Larger tank, suspension softer, etc. ??? Please give some advice! :)

• jb peterson

Posted May 06, 2005 - 03:46 PM

Oh, my weight is 190 lbs and I'm an experienced rider.

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 06, 2005 - 04:39 PM

Rekluse Clutch and Suspension not in that order though
Write Up on Rekluse Clutch

• tonka426

Posted May 07, 2005 - 04:33 AM

I have an 01 and this is what I have done, large tank Zip Ty Racing has a great one, 10 oz flywheel weight, regear with 13/50, do the BK mod on the carb, and get the suspension done factory connection does a great job. That is the major things I have done on mine along with a few other small ones like rubber mounted triple clamps, Zip TY chain adjuster, AmPro over sized rotor,FMF power bomb header with the titanium 4 (FIM) legal can lets see what else.... I run SETRA enduros Oh by the way mine is for sell but any way hope this helps they are awesome bikes just had to upgrade

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 07, 2005 - 09:27 AM

Here is a write up on the GBmod I did GBmod Explained

• 2001YZF426Rider

Posted May 07, 2005 - 02:43 PM

I have a 2001 426 and here is what i did to it: 50T rear sprocket, and a few little things to fit me better and that is it. I only ride the trails and it is fine!! the trails here are pipelines but still.... I will be getting a pipe/silencer for it when i get the money though...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Scotty426

Posted May 07, 2005 - 07:14 PM

I run the 50 rear sprocket, handguards, big 57mm pegs for control, drop the fork in the tripleclamp 8-10mm for turning, set rear preload a little lower than most(1 inch drop free sag), boysen accelerator pump cover, a 120 mm Pirreli MT32 out back, adjustable fuel screw, seal savers on the front forks and a fender bag on the back with a few small tools. I love the YZ hit in the woods. It wasn't made for the woods but it sure does get up and get with it. No flywheel weight here, just best tuning/jetting I can do and an attentive ear. Good luck to you.

• 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted May 09, 2005 - 08:02 AM

I want to ride my YZ426F in the woods and not the MX track. What mods should I do??? Larger tank, suspension softer, etc. ??? Please give some advice! :)

I was in the same boat... Here is what I have done for the woods.

Gearing = 14/52 (Perfect gearing for tight woods & MX- no stalling, awesome low-end)

Acerbis Ralley-Pro Handquards (White)

Acerbis Front Disk Guard

Maxiss IT - Front and Rear

Total costs around: $ 290

The only reason I stayed away from the Flywheel weight is that I also ride MX.

• Dano426

Posted May 09, 2005 - 10:49 AM

I want to ride my YZ426F in the woods and not the MX track. What mods should I do??? Larger tank, suspension softer, etc. ??? Please give some advice! :D

To meet the strick noise level (94db) in Michigan you will need a FMF Q or a White Bros E2. Niether is cheap but it is the only way to get to 94 db

I would also recommend the Rekluse. It works great in the tight stuff :)

• wardy27

Posted May 09, 2005 - 11:11 AM

zip-ty 12 oz flywheel wieght!!!!

• Crabtree426

Posted May 09, 2005 - 06:48 PM

MUST DO:
Acerbis disk guard, 3.3 gallon tank, and Rally hand guards. Get the powernow. 14/50 or 14/52 gearing.

OTHER NICE ITEMS:
Auto decompression exhaust cam, grip seat, tool bag, kick stand, maybe a 10 or 12 oz. flywheel.

• Crabtree426

Posted May 09, 2005 - 06:49 PM

Completely forgot.......SUMMERS SEAL SAVERS, the best $30 I spent.

• cowboyona426

Posted May 09, 2005 - 07:44 PM

All you need is:
Thunder Alley pipe w/ sparky
13/52 or 14/52 gears
Works Connection radiator braces
Handguards of some kind

Other stuff I highly recommend:
450 Cam
Pro Tapers
02 top triple
Lower pegs

My bike is basically a woods only bike, I have never seen a need for a flywheel weight or suspension work, but I'm pretty small. These bikes rip in the woods, you'll love it.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.