front fork covers

8 replies to this topic
  • bdruff

Posted May 06, 2005 - 02:15 PM

anyone know where to get black fork covers for a 01 wr426. Do the yz fork covers work. thanks

• bdruff

Posted May 07, 2005 - 05:43 PM

this probably isn't the most interesting topic. I'm changing some plastics and its hard to find pieces for wr. There's everything for yz. Are the fork covers interchandible?
thanks

• Domenic_WRF

Posted May 08, 2005 - 06:37 PM

:D their the same..minus the odometer cable mounting clamp thingy :D I run a computer, so the YZ guards work fine.. :)
This was on my wr400..The same holds true for 450's :)

• Swiveler1973

Posted May 08, 2005 - 08:12 PM

I put on a set of yz carbon fiber fork guards on my wr400. They look really good, you
can get them on ebay. I had to oversize a couple of the bottom holes because the
fit and finish wasn't perfect.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bdruff

Posted May 08, 2005 - 08:23 PM

thanks for the imput. So the yz guards will probably work with some minor adjusting? I want some black ones.

• Domenic_WRF

Posted May 08, 2005 - 09:19 PM

Yes they will work just fine..I ran all yz plastic on my wr :D so does everyone else..can't beat the price @ rocky mountain :)

• sharpmarble

Posted May 09, 2005 - 05:57 AM

Polisport makes them, TT can get them for you. :)

• Victor Champion

Posted May 09, 2005 - 06:06 AM

I just put the black fork covers on my 2001 WR426. They are for the YZ.
I just zip ty'ed the odometer cable to the guard. Works great and looks good.

• bdruff

Posted May 11, 2005 - 01:20 AM

right on!!!
thnaks

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.