Summer Switch

7 replies to this topic
  • Texas4play

Posted May 06, 2005 - 12:32 PM

Had the '05 dialed in with JD blue #4, 170M, 1.75 zip and decided to go red needle for the warmer weather (80 degrees or so). Now it won't idle without the choke on :)

I'm at around 500 asl, if anyone has come across this problem let me know ... I'll be in the garage changing it back to blue.

• RichBaker

Posted May 06, 2005 - 12:34 PM

Needle should NOT affect idle.....check the pilot for debris. Make sure you turned the gas back on....

• Texas4play

Posted May 06, 2005 - 02:13 PM

Call me crazy but, I switched back to the blue and it's a-ok .....

• VinnyL28

Posted May 06, 2005 - 02:34 PM

ok crazy!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DesertWR

Posted May 06, 2005 - 02:44 PM

What size pilot are you running?

• RichBaker

Posted May 06, 2005 - 02:45 PM

Bizarre.....

• Texas4play

Posted May 12, 2005 - 01:00 PM

Confession: after switching back to the blue needle it APPEARED to be running a-ok until, I went riding that weekend and it ran horrible, at least at low speeds. Wouldn't idle, spit and sputtered at low speeds, backfired on decel. Ran fine WOT but other that that - no good. After researching on TT I came across a thread about an imfamous "upside-down throttle plate" and thought hmmmm ... maybe I should double check it out. And sure enough, somebody snuck in my garage while I was asleep and flipped my throttle plate upside down!!! So I got it running good again with the red needle and everything is fine ....... except......can somebody tell me where I can get a lock for my carb so somebody doesn't sneak in and screw it up again?????

• Gadsen

Posted May 12, 2005 - 05:41 PM

...can somebody tell me where I can get a lock for my carb so somebody doesn't sneak in and screw it up again?????

Lock wont do no good, I think its those little Keebler elf guys.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.