Bent My Front Brake Rotor!!

I was out riding last weekend and ran into my cousin swingarm and bent my rotor, is their anyway to bend these back or does someone have a used one? Its not that bad but when u are riding u can feel it clicking and if u watch it moves the brake pads back and fourth

I was out riding last weekend and ran into my cousin swingarm and bent my rotor, is their anyway to bend these back or does someone have a used one? Its not that bad but when u are riding u can feel it clicking and if u watch it moves the brake pads back and fourth

It all depends on how much of a hack you wanna be...... ? I know guys that have straightened discs with a shifting spanner, and those bikes are still running. It really depends on HOW bent your disc is? If, (with two fingers on the brake lever) when you roll your bike forwards, it pushes the brake pad inward with each revolution of the wheel, therefore pushing the caliper piston in, and causing the brake lever to come all the way in to the 'bar, then, most likely, it is severly bent, beyond repair. This is not always the case, but in any instance, a new replacement is the best bet. A slight bend can, and often can be corrected by a shifter, or some other rough arse method (hell, i've done it, in years gone by), but obviously replacement is the safe bet.....

I think i will try to give it a bend, if i had to guess i would say it is bent about 1/8 of a inch maybe alittle more. I just wanted to make sure i wasn't gonna do more damage then good. Thanks guys!

I think i will try to give it a bend, if i had to guess i would say it is bent about 1/8 of a inch maybe alittle more. I just wanted to make sure i wasn't gonna do more damage then good. Thanks guys!

Let us know how it turns out. Straightening a disc is generally something i'd do to keep riding while I was waiting for a new disc.....or if I was out on a weekend ride, and didn't wanna spoil my weekend.....

I do alot of heavy rock riding and bend rotors pretty often...A cresent wrench works great. Can't afford to replace a rotor every other ride...Don't be shy about really using some force with it either. You'll be suprised how much they will move around without actually "unbending".