Power now?

6 replies to this topic
  • 96warrior

Posted May 05, 2005 - 07:36 PM

I did a search, and nothing really came up.

But is the "Power now" worth the money? Or is it just a fad, like buying a tornado from my truck(no I didn't buy one)?

Was wondering if it would clear up the lower mid-range stumble I'm having, and make the bike more responsive. I like to lug and chug when I ride by myself.

• dominator426

Posted May 05, 2005 - 08:58 PM

It does improve low end response, grunt and starting ease. It's well worth it. Your stumble may be caused by a slightly lean condition. The Power Now Valve increases air velocity at low throttle openings which would intensify a lean condition. A lower clip position or richer needle should cure it.

• tp3dxf

Posted May 05, 2005 - 09:14 PM

Mine seemed to aid a little in starting and a slight improvement in throttle response. Nothing earth shattering.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rockieman

Posted May 06, 2005 - 05:16 AM

A few years back there was a post on making your own.....complete with a template for cutting out the piece of aluminum. Hacksaw both sides of the intake, a little JB Weld and you're done.
I did mine and it cost me about an hour and pennies worth of material.
Maybe someone else still has the link

• simica

Posted May 06, 2005 - 06:13 AM

I believe it improved my throttle response and low to mid range. Install was clean and easy. Its worth it.

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted May 06, 2005 - 06:37 AM

I did a search, and nothing really came up.

But is the "Power now" worth the money? Or is it just a fad, like buying a tornado from my truck(no I didn't buy one)?

Was wondering if it would clear up the lower mid-range stumble I'm having, and make the bike more responsive. I like to lug and chug when I ride by myself.

There should be a PDF file somewhere on TT, that has the instructions for the homegrown PowerNow. I made one (a few actually), and I can vouch that they increase your bike's 'chugability'. There was a particular deep sandy corner, that my bike would usually bog down in 2nd gear on. With the homemade PowerNow, I could smoke that same corner, no bogging, just roost..... :) :D :) They DO work.....

• eightballeddy

Posted May 06, 2005 - 12:35 PM

I think the home made version was called the James now. Try a search and see what you come up with. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.