Rekluse light or heavy spring w/ 30 steel or 25 steel 5 TC balls?

8 replies to this topic
  • JeffWR

Posted May 05, 2005 - 06:22 PM

For trail riding am I best to go with light spring and 5 TC balls or will that be just to abrupt of engagement? Can I adjust it enough with the perch adjuster to get back close to light spring and no TC balls feeling of engagement if I do use the 5 TC balls?
Thanks for your opinions, Jeff

• Indy_WR450

Posted May 05, 2005 - 07:00 PM

Just go with 5 TC balls. It is standard on the CRF450X package from Rekluse. They used to frown upon it in the past but they are starting to realize that we the riders all agree that 5 balls is a good startig point. Any more and you may stall before it engages. :)

• JeffWR

Posted May 06, 2005 - 02:44 AM

What do mark the spots with, permanent marker okay???

So light spring and 5 TC balls is what I will do then.

Thanks again, Jeff

• ncmountainman

Posted May 06, 2005 - 05:46 AM

What do mark the spots with, permanent marker okay???

So light spring and 5 TC balls is what I will do then.

Thanks again, Jeff

i'd go with the heavy spring,i tried the light one with 5/tc and even turned in quite far it was like a light switch on/off it felt as though it was stressing the drivetrain a little much. the heavy spring barely turned in worked alot smoother,yet still engages fully when you get up on it. way more control :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JeffWR

Posted May 06, 2005 - 06:30 AM

Thanks NCMountainman just thought I would check the forum once more before I start the install.
So heavy spring with 5 TC balls, I think that was what Indy ended up with.
I will let you know how it goes. I will check back.

Thanks for the info, Jeff

• mtrablue

Posted May 06, 2005 - 07:21 AM

try both heavy and light. only you know your riding style. use the settings of others to get a base to build on. these clutchs are so adjustable, it would be a mistake to not try some of the options. i use 5 tc balls and the light spring in the perch adjuster. i want that thing hooked up and going.

as far as marking the location of the balls, i don't think the marker will last. just make a small scratch.

• jerryls

Posted May 06, 2005 - 08:05 AM

I use the heavy spring (and 5 TC balls). The light spring engaged a little too close to idle for me. But like mtrablue said, give both springs a try. Takes all of 2 minutes to change out springs.

• JeffWR

Posted May 06, 2005 - 08:29 AM

Thanks for the replies! :)

• RichBaker

Posted May 06, 2005 - 12:39 PM

I'm running 5 tc balls w/the light engages just off idle and I love it!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.