what's a 03 WR450F worth?

7 replies to this topic
  • byggd

Posted May 05, 2005 - 12:33 PM

I bought a 03 WR450F a couple months ago for $4999. It was at a dealership ridden by the owner for 101 miles. She put on a duel sport kit, renthal bars, FMF pipe/muffler, did the throttle stop mod and through a dealer plate on it. She claimed 1/2 the miles were street and half trails. When i picked it up they had just done a fresh maintenance on it (oil, filters, adjustments etc). It has a few scratches on it but other than that is in perfect condition. I've only had it out once and put 18 miles on it. I only ride local forest trails once a month or so and they have strict red sticker so I want to sell it and get a green sticker bike (wish i'd done some reading before i bought, figured all 4 strokes got green)

Any advise on how much $$ to sell it for?? :)

• tp3dxf

Posted May 05, 2005 - 12:51 PM

If your bike is dual sported with a valid plate you should be able to ride year round.

Is your bike dual registered? I have a 01WR426 with a plate and a green sticker. If I wanted to I could get rid of the green sticker and just run the bike with the plate. But then I would have to have all my dual sport stuff on my bike at all times to really be legal.

• byggd

Posted May 05, 2005 - 01:16 PM

No plate. The owner of the dealer put a dealer plate on it but never registered it :) From what I've read, 03 and up don't have a prayer of getting plated in CA but can in Nevada! Stupid air board! The 05 WR450F gets green due to the AIS system they added and there is already a kit to remove the AIS......what do you have then? my Bike!! :D

• 02WR426Cali

Posted June 04, 2005 - 01:12 PM

I have an 02 WR426 and It has a green sticker.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jamesravenwood

Posted June 04, 2005 - 02:15 PM

NOt to hijack this thread at all, but if buyggd had a plate on his wr would that mean he can only ride on the streets? Or with the plate could he ride on and off road?

• HamBonE_23

Posted June 05, 2005 - 08:05 AM

According to Kelly Blue book under RETAIL the bike is worth $4225. Kelly lists this bike as a "dirt" only under their headings.

http://www.kbb.com/k...;14060;;;;&&&&

I found a dual sport kit but not sure if it's the one you have for $180. http://www.procycle.us/main/dskit.htm

The renthal bars probably $70 for the 7/8.

The Renthan bars I found for $900. https://www.fmfracin...3&ItemID=044134

For a grand total of $5375...I'd say you did damn good!!!!!!!!!!!

• byggd

Posted June 05, 2005 - 02:28 PM

Yes. "If" I could get it plated I could ride street or dirt because if it were plated it would mean it passed CA emission standards already.

• byggd

Posted June 05, 2005 - 02:34 PM

Thanks hambone. The duelsport kit I have is a bit nicer but the exhaust is about a 350 or 400 unit. Guess I'll list it for about 4700 once yamaha sends me the pink and see what happens. I'll not too far from Vegas (about 4 hours) so would be a good deal for someone in that state, they can get it plated.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.